Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

The hull game is huge now, if we lose that then carver has no chance of the job and Ashley will need his up his calls to the yes men and unfortunately spend some cash on a new boss/yes man/money maker/shop manager

The hull game is huge now, if we lose that then carver has no chance of the job and Ashley will need his up his calls to the yes men and unfortunately spend some cash on a new boss/yes man/money maker/shop manager

Don't think the Hull game will make any difference at all tbh. It's clearly going to be Carver in until the end of the season, only time we might act is if it looks like we might actually go down with half a dozen or so games left then he'll  throw a few quid at someone like Glenn Hoddle to try keep us up.

I don't think they're actively working on a replacement anymore. Following Charnley's interview they will just leave it until the summer, and they won't even bother announcing Carver's got it, until the end of the season or otherwise. We'll just happily go from game to game in limbo while we drop down the league table.

It wasn't until I just looked at this thread that I remembered you haven't got a manager, it seems like ages since Pardew went (although it obviously isn't).

I do wonder, though, when things go this quiet on a manager front if you're not actually being softened up for something really underwhelming happening.

I think most of us are well prepared for that, Brummie - you would have to be an excessive optimist, even by NUFC standards, to expect anything else from the people running Newcastle United, especially at this stage of Ashley's ownership.

He has said himself that he may sell in 2016 so he isn't going to break the piggy bank to get a decent manager now.

I have followed the club for 50 years and I cannot recall so much mutual detestation between any of the previous regimes and the fans as there is currently. Ashley clearly treats the fans with contempt, views them that way and his feelings are returned with much higher interest than you can get even at a Bank in a Third World hell-hole.

This is NOT a recipe for even a modicum of success and more likely to result in relegation.

"Ashley clearly treats the fans with contempt"

I've sometimes thought about if he sells up, and a hypothetical scenario of having two consortiums submitting offers that peek his interest.

1. A consortium whose interests lie in the business of football, and results - and harnessing the club's potential.

2. A hedge fund type (or investor) who may look at the club's profit margins, and view Ashley's way of running a club as a blue-print for success - sit on the television rights money, reap the returns, do enough to ensure top flight survival and give nothing back in return (hope)

His grudge against Whelan was taken far. This spiteful individual would take a small loss on the chin to deliver option 2 to a supporter base he hates.

Exactly right - this would suit him down to the ground.

I'm would take relegation in a shot if we got rid of Ashley and his merry band of Wonga fans that have turned St James into a horrible library. 

You would hope that they do actually know the man they want to appoint and are not just dithering over a decision and that the only reason, they cannot appoint him now is because he is not currently available.  If it is one of Garde or Tuchel, I don't see why they cannot announce it and say they will be starting in June but if the guy is presently employed, I understand why an announcement could not be made.

However, I am concerned that they will just go through the process all over again in June on the basis of new options becoming available and then take a further few weeks to decide.

Surely the new manager has to be ready to take over a soon as the season ends.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  4m4 minutes ago

#nufc fans vote in favour of De Boer http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-de-boer-overwhelming-choice-8515048?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's been over a month and we haven't got a new manager and this is the shit our local press are putting out. Utterly risible and pathetic

:lol: we're being treat like total simpletons.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  4m4 minutes ago

#nufc fans vote in favour of De Boer http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-de-boer-overwhelming-choice-8515048?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It's been over a month and we haven't got a new manager and this is the s*** our local press are putting out. Utterly risible and pathetic

:lol: we're being treat like total simpletons.

It's insane. They have absolutely shat it and are refusing to question the club in any way. Instead they are having kickabouts with the coaches (5-a-side presumably) and posting absolutely turgid "who wud u rather buy - lacazet or huddlestun" while the club advertise absolutely minging "school disco" nights. We're a fucking waste of space in this league, man. Let someone in who'll actually try and progress and we'll take our rightful place in the Championship.

So, surely they wouldn't have waited this long to announce Carver right? It just doesn't make sense, or they would have done so by now.

Surely, just finalising the new man's contract for himself and his staff, and tidying that all up before confirming once and for all.

It's the only way this extended silence makes sense RIGHT?!

Just like how our signings come out of nowhere with this lot RIGHT?!

So, surely they wouldn't have waited this long to announce Carver right? It just doesn't make sense, or they would have done so by now.

Surely, just finalising the new man's contract for himself and his staff, and tidying that all up before confirming once and for all.

It's the only way this extended silence makes sense RIGHT?!

Just like how our signings come out of nowhere with this lot RIGHT?!

Hughton was caretaker for half a season without an announcement that he got the job full time. As far as I'm concerned, the Charnley interview last week was confirmation that Carver is in charge until the summer.

Guest Brendan_Rice

Thought of this for some reason:

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Sir Bobby Robson

Guest firetotheworks

Totally fucking pointless club, everything about it is fucking bollocks.

Remember when Mark Douglas called us 'clueless' when we said that they were in the club's pocket until they got banned? :lol: Porridge-faced cunt.