Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Anyone still think he doesn't have a strikers instinct? Not a dig, just wondering if some have changed their mind. Gets into a fair few positions to score 'easy' goals for someone who is playing from a wide position.

his instinct for what position to be in is reasonably good but I'll always question his ability to be a consistent goalscorer but I'll be quite happy to be proven wrong

Notable how much Gouffran supports the strikers when the ball is about to be crossed.

Spurs supporting mate I watched the game with kept commented on the fact we always had 3 in the box when we crossed it. Seemed quite bitter and jealous because Soldado is often all alone. Felt quite good to be envied by other teams fans :lol:

Notable how much Gouffran supports the strikers when the ball is about to be crossed.

Spurs supporting mate I watched the game with kept commented on the fact we always had 3 in the box when we crossed it. Seemed quite bitter and jealous because Soldado is often all alone. Felt quite good to be envied by other teams fans :lol:

Said before but Soldado is suffering for some reasons Cisse did last season.... they have zero width, they don't move the ball quick enough, don't get passes in behind or crosses into the box. Soldado is then forced to come deep to get involved and then there is no one at end of moves.

Its basically us last year, except Spurs can defend. ( City debacle aside)

Don't think Soldado is anywhere close to as bad as he looks at the moment, in fact i know he isn't. ( same goes for Cisse)

Said before but Soldado is suffering for some reasons Cisse did last season.... they have zero width, they don't move the ball quick enough, don't get passes in behind or crosses into the box. Soldado is then forced to come deep to get involved and then there is no one at end of moves.

Its basically us last year, except Spurs can defend. ( City debacle aside)

Don't think Soldado is anywhere close to as bad as he looks at the moment, in fact i know he isn't. ( same goes for Cisse)

Neither offer anything outside the box for their team which makes things x3 harder mind.

That's 3 goals in the last 4 games - not bad for a winger.

He's not really playing as a winger though. He works hard down the line, but he doesn't really provide much service from there. He hit the first defender on the couple of times he got in a good position to cross from out wide. But he's clever around the penalty area as his contribution to the second goal shows.