Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Remember him being the most unheralded of our signings, lots of pundits saying not sure why we bought him, liverpool mate still doesn't believe me that he's mint

while a Liverpool mate of mine loves watching him play and says he remind him of Dirk Kuyt (in a good way)

As in he's a hard working forward who often plays in midfield?

Gouff is faster and has better strikers instinct.

That header from 5 yards out though :laugh:

Yeah that was early season awful, not sure if I have mentioned it but I love Gouffran, he could have a pretty impressive lowlight reel from this season though :lol:

Yep. He gets into some excellent positions. Coming from the left he's often unmarked but even then, from set-pieces he has a great sense of being in the right place at the right time. He's probably had more chances than anyone else.

As I've said before - every team needs a player like Gouffran who is prepared to run his guts out for the majority of the game. He's not in the same class, but he is a bit like KK was in his early days, never a naturally talented player but made up for it by his unstinting effort and many of his goals came as a result of that as do many of Gouffran's. Our defence would have been in far more trouble down the left if Gouffran wasn't helping Santon out by tracking back so often.

Never going to be in the Cabaye or Remy class for talent but will always be the type of unsung player teams need.

• 3 weeks later...

Tired and an awful winger to start with. Decent striker but he makes me mad out wide because he doesn't really have anything you need to make something happen.

Couldn't agree more.

But he's only played out wide so he can track back and help out his fullback.

Should play as an out and out striker down the middle until we buy someone else. He's wasted as a winger and is keeping HBA out of the team so we can only lose a couple to zero rather than maybe more. Pardews kind of player though so we better get used to it.

Slowly being turned into Jonas mk II

Utter nonsense. Gouffran's weaknesses have been apparent since he signed, and he's come on a tonne in terms of his reading of the PL. Still not up to it as a wide player, though.

Slowly being turned into Jonas mk II

Utter nonsense. Gouffran's weaknesses have been apparent since he signed, and he's come on a tonne in terms of his reading of the PL. Still not up to it as a wide player, though.

Well he's played wide for his defensive qualities like Jonas. I don't know why you think that's utter nonsense, it's pretty clear.

Tired and an awful winger to start with. Decent striker but he makes me mad out wide because he doesn't really have anything you need to make something happen.

If only we had an exciting winger on the bench

I'd like to see him given the chance as a CF for at least a few games in a row. I think Remy would benefit from it as well.

:thup:

Really annoys me seeing him getting stick, like asking a window cleaner to come round then moaning he hasn't been able to get the virus off your laptop.

He should be at least tried as a striker especially considering our lack of viable options there. I do dislike that he and Sissoko get away with letting their men go as they have in the last few games while Ben Arfa wouldn't get away with the same