Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

I feel really sorry for this bloke. He was a decent Ligue 1 striker who would probably get us 8-10 a season if played through the middle, turned into a wing-back because he runs a lot. He's a desperate player being used where he is. I blame Pardew 100%, not him.

Bit of a moot point when you consider that few players actually deserve 'blame' for their shortcomings.

In the team for defensive work - directly at fault for first Everton goal... what is the point?

complete and utter shit from start to finish imho ,defo blame for there goal when he looked twice at the man and still let  him run

Called someone behind me "an absolutely thick cunt" after the thick goal today because of this shameless, shirking cunt.

I'm least the confrontational going - this is what I've become thanks to this mince and his dickhead mate in charge.

Guest thenorthumbrian

You mean when he was played in his natural position as a striker or left of a front 3 rather than an auxiliary left-back?

Yep.

Going to be a fair number of our squad absolutely shitting themselves at the prospect of potentially working with a proper manager.

Or he might see this as a chance to show he's at least a better centre-forward than Riviere and play through the middle more.

Perhaps, was thinking more of Williamson etc.

• 1 month later...

Groaned when he came on, thinking it was going to be ten men behind the ball, but he got into similar positions to Cabella and put the game to bed before he started to defend.

2 goals since Pardew left after not scoring in 40-odd games :lol:

Carver:  ‘Was it a brave call leaving Gouffran out?’

“Well it was because it is important we start winning football matches and we have done that today.

“When you win it is a great decision but if we’d lost then people might have questioned that decision.

“The important thing though is we have a group of players to win games.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Pardewed like Gutierrez and almost sissoko and turned into the team scapegoat.

This is rubbish. For a long time he's been giving the team absolutely nothing from an attacking or defensive perspective. Two of the luckiest goals you'll ever see doesn't change that.