Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Good quote, i really think a lot of players we've had were not bad, they were just coached and managed by clueless twats.

This has been suggested previously on here and when you consider the environment involved the likes of Pardew, Carver and his pie eating friends then it would only be a fool who would disagree with Rafa.

It was so common we even came up with our own verb for it :lol:

Good quote, i really think a lot of players we've had were not bad, they were just coached and managed by clueless t***s.

This has been suggested previously on here and when you consider the environment involved the likes of Pardew, Carver and his pie eating friends then it would only be a fool who would disagree with Rafa.

It was so common we even came up with our own verb for it :lol:

And one now regularly used in the national media and by football fans in general.

The environment was not right for them in that they were in the Premier League and now they're in the Championship

And he's good enough for the championship as a squad player at the very least, which is all that matters until next Summer.

The coaching argument definitely holds a lot of weight though. If you go back to the early pages of this thread, people liked him as a player; during his first few months he was decent and provided good movement and a bit of a goal threat. That was all coached out of him gradually in the proceeding years (he's not the only one either) but there's nothing to say Benitez and his team can't get something out of him again. He's been okay so far this season and I'd rather have him in the squad than not right now.

• 2 weeks later...