Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

The most improved player under Rafa? He's genuinely like a new player after we've managed to take the Pardew coaching away from him.

4 managers in a row he has been introduced to as a fringe/unwanted player yet forced his way into the side.

It's no coincidence, you would put it down to application in training and following the managers instructions on the pitch. Difference now is that it is Rafa's training and Rafa's instructions.

He's an utterly shit LW, mind. I'm happy he's getting goals but we'd be much better with threat on both sides so teams are prevented from just doubtling up on Ritchie and Yedlin.

He is, but in this league, the defensive graft and cover he provides is invaluable.

Wouldn't mind us not having to rely on that though and slowly introduce Atsu for a run, might be a bit early but quite like the very small amounts I've seen from him so far, seems to try and make things happen.

People can't seriously be debating whether we should find a replacement for Gouffran in the side? He's arguably in the top few players for us this season, along with Gayle, Ritchie and possibly Hayden imo. They should all be starting when fit ahead of any other player.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He's good cover in this league but I fear the stat where we win and he plays is conning Rafa into selecting him when Atsu is better suited.

That pen was fucking embarrassing. As much use as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest.