Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

Also, are people happy enough with Gouffran, Cisse, Ben Arfa until the end of the season, or do we need another striker?

Personally think we could do with at least another forward to play in a central position. Danny Graham would be a good shout. At the end of the day we're one injury away from being toothless up front. That Said Cisse's been shite this year as well. We lack goals and a threat up front, that's for sure.

Here's another one to tick off the list, this guy was clearly second choice and we've got him in :thup:

Aye. Credit where it's due, like.

I believe Carr's remit is to have at least two potential targets lined up for every position and to monitor them. We're not gonna get our first pick every time but on this occasion I definitely prefer the second pick. 

probably right in general but there's bound to be occasions when some positions could easily list 5 or 6 that fall into his remit. others where there is a struggle after the first 1.

If we play the right way then only one front line striker should be starting. Gouffran and Hatem should play behind and to the right and left. Ideally one more striker would be good for insurance. But for a top class one it might be the summer. Do we have enough to stay up? If Sissoko was able to play straight away I'd say yes, but other than that I'm not totally sure.

If we play the right way then only one front line striker should be starting. Gouffran and Hatem should play behind and to the right and left. Ideally one more striker would be good for insurance. But for a top class one it might be the summer. Do we have enough to stay up? If Sissoko was able to play straight away I'd say yes, but other than that I'm not totally sure.

I think people getting greedy tbf, 5 first team signings in January is pretty fucking awesome tbf.

Also, are people happy enough with Gouffran, Cisse, Ben Arfa until the end of the season, or do we need another striker?

Personally think we could do with at least another forward to play in a central position. Danny Graham would be a good shout. At the end of the day we're one injury away from being toothless up front. That Said Cisse's been s**** this year as well. We lack goals and a threat up front, that's for sure.

We need another.. we could probably limp to the end of the season. An injury to Cisse or Gouffran and we are in the shit without. Confident we are still looking for a Ba replacement.. if we get the right price then we will get one, if not we wait until summer IMO.

I think people getting greedy tbf, 5 first team signings in January is pretty fucking awesome tbf.

It's not the number it's where they play. Def is fixed now but the mif will be weak till Tiote gets back and Cisse is still far from over his confidence issues. Hopefully the influx of new blood will give a lift to the whole side....But other forces are strengthening as we speak..;)

Ashley rolling the dice again with this signing?  He couldn't get who he wanted (the money boy who went to QPR) so he gets a body in to make up the numbers and hopes that QPR get relegated (we don't) and he gets the guy after all? Gamble, gamble.

No chance we would go back in for Remy, even if QPR go down.

Agree 100%. We wouldn't touch him with a barge pole now.

Wern't we in for Ba when he signed for West Ham?

Tbh, even when Ba was here I felt that we should have played with only one central striker. There are more than enough games in a season to do some rotation. That's why I found Pardzilla's comments laughable at the weekend when he complained we had no one to bring off the bench like Le Fondre. How many times did he start Cisse and Ba together, only to substitute one to bring on Shola? :lol:

5 FIRST TEAM SIGNINGS IN JANUARY NOT ENOUGH, PEOPLE GO CRAZY.

Agreed.

Still want Butland, another CB and another ST.

We don't need a Keeper unless Krul fucks off, we need another CB if colo does, Striker would be nice but count your fkn blessing we didn't just sign a 39 year old striker, what do people want? Do we need to sign an entire new first team.  I'd be over the moon with these 5 and Pardew getting the elbow.  He won't till 5-8 games till the end if we are in bottom 3

Ashley rolling the dice again with this signing?  He couldn't get who he wanted (the money boy who went to QPR) so he gets a body in to make up the numbers and hopes that QPR get relegated (we don't) and he gets the guy after all? Gamble, gamble.

Ba didn't reject us for money the window before hand.

I don't know, were we? Was it serious interest where we had agreed a deal?

don't think so, at least can't remember it.

If he's half as good as Ba (the last forward we bought who wasn't considered an adequate replacement by the majority) then we'll have done alright, still hoping for a bit more action though. I'm a greedy cunt.

Even with these signings we're still one of the weakest sides in the league in terms of depth, central midfield aside. Make no mistake they've done a great job bringing them in, but the cracks they are filling should have been filled a long time ago.

Not sure about that. IF we sign those mentioned today we have;

Krul, Elliot, Harper

Simpson, Perch, Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon, that French left back, Tavernier, Debuchy.

Bigi, Abeid, Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Jonas.

Shola, Cisse, Obertan, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Sammy.

Probably missing a couple but that's not the weakest squad.

If he's half as good as Ba (the last forward we bought who wasn't considered an adequate replacement by the majority) then we'll have done alright, still hoping for a bit more action though. I'm a greedy c***.

same, greedy as f***, sissoko, gouffran .... and another top forward to give cisse some competition

Even with these signings we're still one of the weakest sides in the league in terms of depth, central midfield aside. Make no mistake they've done a great job bringing them in, but the cracks they are filling should have been filled a long time ago.

Not sure about that. IF we sign those mentioned today we have;

Krul, Elliot, Harper

Simpson, Perch, Raylor, Saylor, Colo, Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon, that French left back, Tavernier, Debuchy.

Bigi, Abeid, Cabaye, Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Jonas.

Shola, Cisse, Obertan, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Sammy.

Probably missing a couple but that's not the weakest squad.

The only other glaring hole is another wing/forward, get that and its a pretty strong squad tbh.

:thup:

Forgot Amalfitano who I still believe can settle in and be a decent player. I know Pardew is the forum's Jimmy Saville at the moment but he has a track record of allowing players bed in when they need it.