The other games today - 2012/13

Dave

@ZcottAFC: World class Gareth Bale is only 6 goals and 5 assists behind the inconsistent and non-footballing brain Theo Walcott.

Think pretty fair  :lol:

Jamie Redknapp said Bale was in the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo today, it was a bit weird because I was thinking this guy is meant to be an expert and what he just said is completely untrue to anyone with eyes.

Oh you weren't kidding :lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11662/8468204/Jamie-Redknapp-says-Gareth-Bale-can-be-as-good-as-Lionel-Messi-and-Cristiano-Ronaldo

I mean, Shearer's volley against us was a decent connection and I guess he thought he might get it on target, but it really could have gone anywhere. 2/10, would not replay.

Was just a wild punt tbh :lol: The only one better I can think of was the sidefoot 25 yard volley v Villa. But I still enjoyed the one against you more. :p

He just smacked the ball for that free kick in the 3-5 against us as well. Absolute luck it went in the top corner, could have gone anywhere. Most of Shearers strikes were lucky tbf, all power.

crowd just did that stupid countdown to 90 mins at the england U21 game.

Only watched the first half, but England were excellent. Both Ince and Zaha showed some real class, Henderson seemed to have found his level (second choice Sweden U21) and the rest of the players kept the ball really well on a shite pitch. As I only recognised one player in the Swedish team, I'm going to assume most of them plays here in Sweden, in which case pretty much none of them will have been match fit. Shame that Milosevic had such a poor game, he really is a terrific CB and one to keep your eyes on if he can continue to develop.

Brazil to line up the following way tonight apparently.

Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Dante, Adriano; Paulinho, Ramires; Oscar, Ronaldinho, Neymar; Luis Fabiano.

For the first time in ages we will play without a real holding midfielder and with two sitting midfielder who are very good at bringing the ball forward.

Julio Cesar; Dani Alves, David Luiz, Dante, Adriano; Paulinho, Ramires; Oscar, Ronaldinho, Neymar; Luis Fabiano.

For the first time in ages we will play without a real holding midfielder and with two sitting midfielder who are very good at bringing the ball forward.

:fwap: I bloody love Neymar, cant wait to see him against the likes of Cahill or Shawcross...I thought Luis Fabiano got phased out after the world cup? Must just have been the olympics cos of the age rule i guess

I mean, Shearer's volley against us was a decent connection and I guess he thought he might get it on target, but it really could have gone anywhere. 2/10, would not replay.

Was just a wild punt tbh :lol: The only one better I can think of was the sidefoot 25 yard volley v Villa. But I still enjoyed the one against you more. :p

He just smacked the ball for that free kick in the 3-5 against us as well. Absolute luck it went in the top corner, could have gone anywhere. Most of Shearers strikes were lucky tbf, all power.

409 lucky goals. Just smacking it in the direction of the net every time. The lucky, lucky bastard. :lol:

:fwap: I bloody love Neymar, cant wait to see him against the likes of Cahill or Shawcross...I thought Luis Fabiano got phased out after the world cup? Must just have been the olympics cos of the age rule i guess

Luis Fabiano has been injured a lot but ever since he started playing again he was the best striker in the Brazilian league. I'm not his biggest fan since he's a liability due to his ability to pick up silly cards, but there is no doubting of his quality, scored something like almost a goal per game in the league last year.

And Neymar is good, but I'm more interested in seeing how Paulinho and Ramires does together. Both are class players in different ways.

I hate international friendlies. So pointless.

Tend to be easy money in betting though. Granted todays matchups are pretty shit in that regard. Thinking there'll be a lot of shit draws or scrappy one goal wins.

Don't give a shit about International games unless it's in major competitions but I'm looking forward to seeing Sturridge and Wilshire feature more regular now. I know Sturridge is injured tonight but he's been fantastic in his early few games for Liverpool.

Rooney isn't a matchwinner for england anymore, but having said that rooney had achieved way more than neymar at international level at the same age.

Rooney 2004 aside, Rooney has never been particularly dynamic for England. He has been a very good footballer since he arrived on the scene over a decade ago, but it hasn't translated for some reason.

Rooney isn't a matchwinner for england anymore, but having said that rooney had achieved way more than neymar at international level at the same age.

Rooney 2004 aside, Rooney has never been particularly dynamic for England. He has been a very good footballer since he arrived on the scene over a decade ago, but it hasn't translated for some reason.

Totally agree .

Totally agree .

This. Hasn't done fuck all for England.