Florian Thauvin

Yaron
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why doesn't he just say it publicly?  It's not exactly hard.

Why would he bother?

Why not?  Apparently we keep harassing him and apparently he keeps telling people he doesn't want to come.  Wouldn't it be simpler for him just to use his twitter account and say " I have no interest in signing for Newcastle"?  Not much effort involved.

lets bid something derisory for him too.

nah, let's consider a derisory bid some more

I say let's ponder mulling over considering a plot to prepare a derisory bid.

Whoa now, let's not rush into this! Let's all take a step back and "Evaluate" the situation before we ponder mulling over considering a plot to prepare a derisory bid.

Whoa now, let's not rush into this! Let's all take a step back and "Evaluate" the situation before we ponder mulling over considering a plot to prepare a derisory bid.

Actually, let's just pretend to take a step back and "evaluate" the situation before we ponder mulling over considering a plot to make a derisory bid by using our media partner to release baseless stories.

Like a fly that one keeps unsuccessfully swotting, Newcastle United continue to pester Marseille and Florian Thauvin for the summer signing of the French youth international.

La Provence confirmed today that Newcastle’s latest of several offers for Thauvin this summer was a €17m bid plus the loan of Rémy Cabella going the other way. A gutsy attempt to sign Thauvin which was rejected by both Marseille, who no longer need to sell following the departures of Imbula and Payet, and Thauvin who has made it clear on several occasions that he has no intention of leaving Marseille, let alone joining Newcastle United. Thauvin the target, but the pursuit must be over.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/florian-thauvin-continues-to-reject-newcastles-advances/

My goodness. What a disgrace  :lol:

What's disgraceful about it? We are throwing big money at players we really want for a change. I'd far rather we do that than sign 3rd or 4th choice players which usually end up being a waste of money.

What's disgraceful about it? We are throwing big money at players we really want for a change. I'd far rather we do that than sign 3rd or 4th choice players which usually end up being a waste of money.

If we have a bid accepted, what's to say we couldn't talk or convince Thauvin into coming? We saw Wijnaldum's reaction to SJP, show him the ground, the sort of players we're looking to bring in and handful of good players we already have. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Aye, fuck it. When you're well known as a shit team that scratches around the bottom of the league trying not to win anything, expecting good players to come here just because they were big Shearer fans as a kid or whatever is hopeless.

They're virtually all mercenary wankers, I just want to see ones that can play football well.

Can't fault the club at all, but it is a bit cringe.

It's like continuing to ask a girl out and she keeps rejecting you publicly.

Hopefully we have other options that are of a similar calibre that we can try for.