Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

At the end of the day its 3 points and it gives us a little bit of breathing space. We rode our luck way too much in the second half but they had momentum after their early goal and we looked very nervous. The new signings, Gouffran and Sissokho in particular looked fantastic and hopefully this will be a turning point this season.

Krul 8

Santon 4

Coloccini 5

Taylor 4

Debuchy 4

Jonas man, f*** off!

Sissoko 5

Cabaye 7

Perch 5

Cisse 5

Gouffran 6

Shola 3

Anita 4

MYM 6

Pardew 2

A 5 for Sissoko?

:lol:

"seemed to be everywhere.  Needs to take a leaf out of Shola's book and stand still a lot more".

:lol:

is it really a sit back menatlity or a pushed back by the oppo mentality ?

Nearly every game we've lead in for three years? Give over man.

Look at half time in the match thread. Do the same in the Reading thread. It's the most predictable thing in football, it's usurped even the back post centre half free kick.

I think some people are clutching at straws.

Look at half time in the match thread. Do the same in the Reading thread. It's the most predictable thing in football, it's usurped even the back post centre half free kick.

how ? obviously ther oppo regroup and go for it and we don't have the legs to stick with it. today our players had the ball and the options werent there, were they told at half time not to look for the ball ?

how ? obviously ther oppo regroup and go for it and we don't have the legs to stick with it. today our players had the ball and the options werent there, were they told at half time not to look for the ball ?

It happens far too often and even aginst the worst teams in the division.

Guest tollemache

That was some of the more excusable desperate hoofing we'll see from that lot I think. Lots of new faces and Villa came out in the second half looking possessed and making it one of the most intimidating midfield scraps I've seen for ages. I think you have to credit them for putting us under so much pressure. Still, with the quality we now have, it'd be nice to see us get into the habit of slowing games like that down.

Suggest you watch the last twenty minutes again. Over and over, we picked up the ball with a pass on and immediately looked for Shola 70 yards away.

Suggest you watch the last twenty minutes again. Over and over, we picked up the ball with a pass on and immediately looked for Shola 70 yards away.

watched it and i'd have been worrried given the ball to cabaye and sissoko who looked shot after 55mins. barely looked for the ball and did little when they had it.

Guest wallsendmags1990

3 points at the end of the day like. Excellent first half, second was shit. Some of pardews decisions were daft, when has shola ever played on the right  ???

It happens far too often and even aginst the worst teams in the division.

i agree it does. do you think pardew says to them "if we go ahead, stay still, don't move and just lump it forward?", i'm beginning to think we have players who can't adapt to a change in tempo or fight.

3 points at the end of the day like. Excellent first half, second was s***. Some of pardews decisions were daft, when has shola ever played on the right  ???

He was through the middle tonight when he came on.

i agree it does. do you think pardew says to them "if we go ahead, stay still, don't move and just lump it forward?", i'm beginning to think we have players who can't adapt to a change in tempo or fight.

I think he tells them to protect the lead, we invite the opposition onto us and then we turn to shite.

3 points at the end of the day like. Excellent first half, second was s***. Some of pardews decisions were daft, when has shola ever played on the right  ???

He was through the middle tonight when he came on.

And ended up as a 3rd centre-back.