Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 29/01/13 - Post-match relief from page 84

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Just got back from Watching this, does anybody know what position mbiwa was playing when he came on?

In front of the back four it looked.

Looked more like a midfielder in a flat 4-4-2 to me.

Not sure how you saw it as a 4-4-2, i thought it was 4-fgljsfglsgsdgjsdolgdflgkdfkgdgflk-Shola.

Just got back from Watching this, does anybody know what position mbiwa was playing when he came on?

I think everyone was just trying to fill space at that point, it was chaos.

It was schoolboy-like, when one team is massively better than the other and the weaker team desperately tries to defend by packing the box to the brim - which doesn't usually work.

Guest palnese

Not sure how you saw it as a 4-4-2, i thought it was 4-fgljsfglsgsdgjsdolgdflgkdfkgdgflk-Shola.

Fair enough :lol:

It looked like everyone ran in to random spaces, he was the striker and a winger at one point

Can imagine that being a strangely infuriating match for you all to watch. :lol:

Seen it in a lot of games under Moyes where we play well first half, are comfortable, but for some reason think the way to win from there is to sit back. It's a completely void tactic, unless you have excellent organisation and good players all performing their job. The mentality generally though I don't agree with, it's a stone-age philosophy as far as I'm concerned - "more players back = we won't concede". Rubbish.

Sissoko, as most would have guessed, looks like a ridiculously good deal for you. Cabaye again impressed and I thought Gouffran had a decent first outing.

Those substitutions, well, I'll leave you guys to pick them apart. They were truly...

...but nonetheless, a great result.

Watched in the Telegraph near the station.........

2nd half was heart attack football :undecided: Pardew still seems incapable of a plan "B" and the players seems to immitate his lack of ideas and start hoofing it forwards. Shola is s**** end of...................kept screaming "keep the f***ing ball"!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand why on so many occasions we come out 2nd half looking so relaxed- they must have known Villa were going to throw the kitchen sink at it. Substitutions were p*ss poor.

Still it was a silly challenge from Debuchy that gave away the penalty and handed over the initiative. Irrespective of detailed analysis it's a HUGE win and we can move onto to Chelsea a little less under pressure. The new players will have had an idea of what the prem is all about now so the experience will count for a lot.

3 points...............

is it really a sit back menatlity or a pushed back by the oppo mentality ?

The latter IMO, the situation after half time was always likely to happen. We gave a way a soft pen to worsen the effect, and Pardew failed to counter it with changes.

It's not an easy situation to get out of though.

is it really a sit back menatlity or a pushed back by the oppo mentality ?

Nearly every game we've lead in for three years? Give over man.

Look at half time in the match thread. Do the same in the Reading thread. It's the most predictable thing in football, it's usurped even the back post centre half free kick.

What was the crowd reaction like at the end from them? Literally went deaf through sheer relief nothing sank in.

Think it's a hard one for them, 2nd half was a real fighting performance to be bood at.

Guest icemanblue

What was the crowd reaction like at the end from them? Literally went deaf through sheer relief nothing sank in.

Think it's a hard one for them, 2nd half was a real fighting performance to be bood at.

They were asking Pardew for a wave at the end of the first half. I doubt there was much booing, to be honest. :lol:

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/wcRv9Ct.png

Villa were woeful first half; allowed us to control the midfield and dominate from there. As expected, they made changes to rectify that and regained control of the midfield in the 2nd half. Pardew's response to this was to remove a midfielder and put on Shola  :fool:

Guest neesy111

They were asking Pardew for a wave at the end of the first half. I doubt there was much booing, to be honest. :lol:

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/wcRv9Ct.png

The home crowd in parts were singing his name against Reading, then were singing against him, booing etc.