Who should step in for Krul?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If only we still had Fraiser Forster!

Forster did not get anywhere near enough of a chance before he was sold - I remember plenty on here backing Krul over him even though he hadn't had games in the first team.....

We could live to regret this....

howay man, forster was wanted by celtic and has been playing CL football this season...what were we expected to do, tell him to sack the chance of that off and sit on our bench?  nonsense

what we may regret is not signing a top quality younger backup

http://i49.tinypic.com/whbpld.jpg

"Elliot!"

Harper was a quality keeper for us and we were lucky to have a pair of keepers that good for so long but he is far too slow now.

I can understand people calling Elliot dodgy based on his earlier performances but since he has settled in he has looked good enough to me.

Forster did not get anywhere near enough of a chance before he was sold - I remember plenty on here backing Krul over him even though he hadn't had games in the first team.....

Not sure I understand your view here?

Krul has always looked the better keeper to me and the last 2 games in Europe for the pair show the gulf in class imo. Krul pulled off some exceptional saves where as Forster was slow, made the wrong decisions and his crisp packet (stolen off Tooj) hands also let him down.

I have absolutely no concerns we will regret keeping Krul over Forster.

If you meant we should have kept both then that wasn't really possible as Forster wanted away.

A month would see Krul miss:

Southampton (h)

Swansea (a)

Anzhi Makhachkala (a)

Stoke (h)

Anzhi Makhachkala (h)

Wigan (a)

:anguish:

Harper has the experience, Elliot has looked decent in his games this season and is undoubtedly more agile. Not sure myself.

Harpers injured though.

Guest palnese

Why? Krul is the better keeper of the two and Forster left to play first team football. Injuries are a part of the game.

After a shaky start, Elliot has looked very good in the chances that he's had. The only question mark is how he would handle the extra pressure, but Harper can be a nervous keeper at times, despite his experience. I don't see Harper as a 'safe' option, and Elliot has more basic ability.

I really don't see how we could live to regret the sale of Forster. He's clearly not as good as Krul despite what the idiots from Glasgow say (no offence Bluf, Taylor etc) and you can't blame Forster for wanting to leave for first team football especially as he has now received some good exposure for his own career through his Champions League appearances.

At the end of the day if he was as good as some people think there is no way we would have sold him for the small fee that we did. I imagine it is laden with clauses but still Elliot is a more than adequate back up and has proven so on his fleeting appearances this season.

Although I do still think in pre-season of 2011 Pardew still wasn't convinced by Krul and wanted Forster to come in and show him what he could do. Luckily for us he was poor in one of the American games and had a stinker away at Leeds.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

If Harper is fit, I'd play him in the Europa and Elliot in the league.  Elliot has been showing progress but imagine if he had a shocker and we crashed out because of that? It could shoot his confidence to pieces whereas Harper has more experience and is on his way out of the club anyway.

I still have some trust in Harper so I'd give him the nod ahead of Elliot. My reasoning for this would be that of Harper's PL experience and I also think his distribution can be decent at times (even though we've only seen it once this season).

Would have no qualms with Elliot starting mind, he's shown in his outings this season that he can be a steady enough keeper.