Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham FC - FT - Post match relief from page 45! :D

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

We've been alright but I'm worried. Very worried :(

I won't deny that, like. We desperately need a victory if we're to take the heat off going into the Mackems game/gonna be allowed to play properly against Benfica. Right now it doesn't look like we're gonna score even if we haven't played that badly.

Not a very inspiring first half. Fulham have been the better football side with some nice slick passes in triangles around our players. It seems our two tactics are to use Sissoko and power through as many players as he can or try and play the ball over the top to Cisse. Neither have worked as Sissoko has had a heavy touch or been crowded out and Hangeland has pretty much won every aerial battle. Set pieces are poor and it seems like Taylor is the target for everything. I was watching Crewe earlier and they at least showed a bit of variety, mixing between short and long. Marveaux has been decent, but he only has player to aim for as we seem to attack with either 2 or 3 players at a time. Fulham at once stage had 5 on 3 defenders as a midfielder and winger joined in the attack, if not for a Mbiwa block Ruiz could have squared it.

I'd consider putting anita at right back, moving sissoko deeper (he's really poor up front) and bringing on Campbell to play behind Cisse, he seems to have an awareness and good touch

Probably gives a shit as well.

Who came on as sub, I bet it wasnt an attacking option.

Anita for Santon but I am not sure what attacking option we would make that early in a game and replacing a full back (this will be me sticking up for Pardew no matter what again I suppose). Jonas went to left back btw.

Haven't a fucking clue where anyone's meant to be playing other than the back four and Cisse. Gouffran's at LB one minute and RW the next.

I must be the only one who thinks we've been ok :lol: If Cisse had passed back to Marv or Gouffran wasn't wrongly given offside we'd have been one up at least, and Cisse has had a few chances. At least we are creating something which is more than could be said for a few other games this season.

if there is anyone to blame its the board for not signing players in the summer, they are the reason we are in this mess. We are playing in europe and we wait for january to sign players, when everyone knows you need more players to cope with the strain of europe and the PL. If we go down, blame Ashley for being an idiot

Guest andrew

Too many heartless foreigners. Great when you are winning but when you need grit nowhere to be seen.

Not sure thats fair mate. Cisse's been mental today :lol: seems to be fighting for the cause. Sissoko/Jonas have been very poor but theyre both trying hard. marveaux has been ok. maybe arguments for anita and cabaye not working enough. biggest problem is probably the guy in the dugout.

I don't really see a lack of effort, just presence and ability.

:thup: Everyone wants to do something. They just don't know what or how.

Our British lionhearts pulled us through the last time we were in this situation, didn't they. :anguish:

We've been okay and just okay.  Knocking the ball around okay at times then resorting to stupid long/over the top balls.  Get to the edge of their area and just break down.  Can't seem to attack as a unit.

This might be the lack of medication speaking but a pumped up Shola could bring something useful to us.