Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

Really not confident about this game, complete opposite approach to what Pardew is made for. If we hadn't gifted them the two goals I would have us down as the favourites but we aren't a team set up to score lots of goals.

I also think we are going to need more than 2, they are a very good side on the attack and we are going to be leaving ourselves very open.

Just can't see this one coming off :(

Really not confident about this game, complete opposite approach to what Pardew is made for. If we hadn't gifted them the two goals I would have us down as the favourites but we aren't a team set up to score lots of goals.

I also think we are going to need more than 2, they are a very good side on the attack and we are going to be leaving ourselves very open.

Just can't see this one coming off :(

Magic of the cup ;)

Today's win against Fulham will almost certainly give us a confidence boost for this game. We've got some momentum and it really is down to us - our fate is in our hands.

Feeling better about this now than I was on Thursday night. Howay.

Staggering that people STILL follow them. What a fucking cunt(s).

It's not the following him so much, they can waste their own time. It's the "Colin reckons" stuff that gets me.

He's a fucking moron, I don't follow him because he's a fucking moron so stop quoting him as some sort of authority! :lol:

Edit: I say he but I have heard the stuff about it being a number of members from another forum using the account.

I expect something like this from our part:

Artur

Maxi Pereira / Luisão / Garay / Melgarejo

Enzo Perez / Matic

Salvio / Gaitan / Ola John

Rodrigo

We'll try to have some possession and the usual quickness on the counter. Salvio is back, so probably Gaitan will play behind the striker with a bit more freedom. I'd be satisfied with a draw.

We can do this, the whole team seemed very disappointed after the first leg which translated into a nervy and sterile first half today.

The effort in the second half and Cisse's late winner seemed to galvanise the team judging by some of the player tweets post match. We have some momentum and a never say die spirit.

We are wounded and stricken with injuries, it's already been a long season for the players, many of whom are visibly tired.

Despite all that we have belief and 50,000 Geordies behind us.

Howay the Lads!

2-2 I reckon.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  MYB    Haidara

Cabaye  Jonas

Sissoko                          Marv

Cisse  Campbell

Guest Recrutazer0

http://i47.tinypic.com/28bcih2.jpg

Your team have many injured ...

Probably (surely) you have a problem of physical preparation??

How many will be available for Thursday?

I don't see why we can't win this, hopefully not 3-1 though because that would cause massive problems for Sunday.  I'll go for 2-0 more in hope than expectation, we could easily get a couple and keep a clean sheet.

I can't see Santon making it and don't care about Perch as long as we have plenty of others to pick from.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa makes it, Coloccini has a chance and Haidara, Tiote and Debuchy can't be far away.

I can't see Santon making it and don't care about Perch as long as we have plenty of others to pick from.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa makes it, Coloccini has a chance and Haidara, Tiote and Debuchy can't be far away.

can't see debuchy playing.