Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

We can't put them in the relegation zone (unless we won by 10 clear goals) as Wigan don't play in the league until the weekend after.

:thup:

More chance of the FA deducting them 10 points for being massive spammy fascists.

It's gonna be a tougher game purely for Di Canio in charge - they'll be up for it regardless of their injuries. Anything can happen in a derby so we have to hope they'll match what they get given. Something wrong if we don't.

Think it could be a draw personally.

We can't put them in the relegation zone (unless we won by 10 clear goals) as Wigan don't play in the league until the weekend after.

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g136552652683734633.jpg

http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1365526626796209043.jpg

Guest salty dog shrimp

I'm not nervous about this encounter at all. Thought I might be after they sacked MON but despite all the 'firing up' the fascist did they still looked clueless in defense against what was a tired Chelsea side, playing their 4th game in 8 days. They attacked more than under MON but all the intent is worthless when you don't have the quality to put the ball in the net. I can't see them scoring against us and definitely can't see their brutal defense coping with our attack. 2-0.

Guest Slippery Sam

It's gonna be a tougher game purely for Di Canio in charge - they'll be up for it regardless of their injuries. Anything can happen in a derby so we have to hope they'll match what they get given. Something wrong if we don't.

Think it could be a draw personally.

Di Canio being their manager may work in our favour as he may be another Gullit i.e. "it's just another derby".

Papers on Monday will be either Di Canny Glow or Di Canny Woe. Hopefully the latter.

Sessengon on his day can cause problems with his pace and Larsson is pretty deadly with free kicks but when all is said and done we have more quality all over the pitch. Matches like this should be won in midfield and we should be able to boss things completely.

If HBA can make the bench that's a great option to bring on in a tight game or to push home an advantage second half. Plus we all know the effect Shola has simply by warming up.

I just don't want to be to over confident, then again I never am ahead of derbies. Gotta remember aswell that this is new for a lot of our players - they'll have to settle into it quickly. The likes of Taylor, Gutierrez, Krul are vital ahead of these clashes. Experienced players who get what it means. 

I just think it'l be a tad more of a scrap with their new manager, if it had been that bag of nerves O'niell i'd have really fancied our chances.

Was in a pub last night down on Dean street, lad behind the bar said they open at 10 with MASSIVE queues expected (obviously)

Would imagine most places will be opening at 10, aye.

My mates who i'll be meeting live over the river so it's not like we've got a local to go to first, might just gan full-on radge and buy some cans to drink on the street before the pubs open. :laugh:

Guest ElCid

It's rubbish about the derby being a leveller for quality as past results have shown. These lot are totally shocking and if we don't beat them then serious questions should be asked. They have not gone 9 games without a win for nothing. Play an attacking team and we will win as we have the last two games and the second half in last seasons game. Play negative and cautious and it will play right into their hands. The pressure is on them as they have to start winning games and we should use this to our maximum benefit.

What's the earliest that pubs in town will be open on Sunday? 9?

The black garter is normally 6am iirc. Wetherspoons make you buy toast with a drink till 11 or summit like that.

:lol: superb scenes in the Five Swans last year as the place was littered with plates of unwanted, uneaten toast.  One lass at the bar even said "do you actually want the toast?" to which the bloke replied "nar, you have it"