Alan Pardew

Mike

Thing is, if we're honest. Anita hasn't looked like a EPL holding midfielder, Marveaux hasn't looked like a player who can bother his arse for 90 mins and we've all seen Gouffran run out of puff after 70 mins.

Now that's just sweeping generalisation bollocks. Anita has hardly played, and when he has, he hasn't played his usual role. Marveaux gets dropped every time he has a decent game. As Bimpy said, Gouffran never played past the 70 minute mark.

Create more chances and score more goals?

Might help if you let the team play higher up the pitch and not allow the main striker to be isolated 24/7.

When Cisse arrived at the club it wasn't just the 4-3-3 that keeps getting mentioned it was the mindset the team had and how many players we had forward when in possession.

Cisse constantly scored goals because he consistently had Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye within 10 yards of him giving him passes in and around the box.

For some reason Pardew went away from it as soon as we lost a game.

We actually have better players now, but unfortunately we have a manager who is scared of his own shadow and won't allow them to get forward in numbers to score goals.

Thing is, if we're honest. Anita hasn't looked like a EPL holding midfielder, Marveaux hasn't looked like a player who can bother his arse for 90 mins and we've all seen Gouffran run out of puff after 70 mins.

Now that's just sweeping generalisation bollocks. Anita has hardly played, and when he has, he hasn't played his usual role. Marveaux gets dropped every time he has a decent game. As Bimpy said, Gouffran never played past the 70 minute mark.

Anita is not and never will be a PL holding mid. Marveaux is absolute quality but goes missing far too ofen. Gouffran fades badly, but not enough to warrant his lack of minutes compared to Jonas.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yep.

Create more chances and score more goals?

Might help if you let the team play higher up the pitch and not allow the main striker to be isolated 24/7.

When Cisse arrived at the club it wasn't just the 4-3-3 that keeps getting mentioned it was the mindset the team had and how many players we had forward when in possession.

Cisse constantly scored goals because he consistently had Ben Arfa, Ba and Cabaye within 10 yards of him giving him passes in and around the box.

For some reason Pardew went away from it as soon as we lost a game.

We actually have better players now, but unfortunately we have a manager who is scared of his own shadow and won't allow them to get forward in numbers to score goals.

Too much prozone/prozac take your pick.

I'm always hearing this about Marveaux going missing, don't see how he's had enough minutes on the pitch to decide that.  Plus some of the players that have been on the pitch in his place have largely veered from shit to anonymous in their performances, so comparatively there's not much difference except Marv hardly plays.

Anita is not and never will be a PL holding mid. Marveaux is absolute quality but goes missing far too ofen. Gouffran fades badly, but not enough to warrant his lack of minutes compared to Jonas.

I disagree on Anita..... Arteta and Britton seem fine but i'll let that one go.

As for Marveaux bit hard to be consistent when you are hardly ever starting and as for Gouffran with Remy's signing he shouldn't be starting so i don't see it as an major issue at least as big as it was.

Yep.

Gouffran will get fitter, the part about Marveaux is weapons grade bull shit. He hasn't been given a decent run of games to get match fit and looks far from lazy. And whatever type of player Anita looks, he's a better footballer than Tiote and should have had his place from last Christmas onwards.

Definitely want to see more of Anita, he didn't always look great but he had some very good games last season but was almost always replaced in the next game regardless of how great a performance he put in.

You can tell he has the tools at his disposal to be a big hit but he just isn't being given the chance, even with an injury in central midfield I could still see Pardew doing something stupid like playing Gosling there or moving Gutierrez there. (he is better central like)

Based on the majority of last season it should be Tiote & Gutierrez who are on the bench fighting for their places, not starting every bastard game.

Guest bimpy474

I think in Pardew's mind, Anita playing where Tiote and Perch when Tiote wasn't fit, will not work because Anita doesn't have "the tackle in there". Seeing as football is having the tackles taken out of it, to still think that way is so dumb it sums him up.

You don't need to be a great tackler to track and hassle another player, you need positioning above everything else.

His career is in the balance here... No doubt AP not helping but Anita has got to show us something when he does get a chance... He's defiantly seems a player who is more rated when he doesn't play than when he does...

I think in Pardew's mind, Anita playing where Tiote and Perch when Tiote wasn't fit, will not work because Anita doesn't have "the tackle in there". Seeing as football is having the tackles taken out of it, to still think that way is so dumb it sums him up.

You don't need to be a great tackler to track and hassle another player, you need positioning above everything else.

Never putting Anita in the same bracket as Scholes but everyone knows that he was one of the worst tacklers ever but great at everything a box to box midfielder should be .

Guest bimpy474

Never putting Anita in the same bracket as Scholes but everyone knows that he was one of the worst tacklers ever but great at everything a box to box midfielder should be .

He was brilliant imo but think about him from about 32 onwards, he sat there not needing to tackle too much, Man Utd kept the fecking ball, and when they lost it they worked hard to get it back. We can do the second part with workrate but keeping the ball is somehow beyond Pardew. Imo you dont need a hard tackler in modern football anymore, a capable one will do if he's a good footballer and can pass it nicely. Which is Anita for me.

I know he's been a bit, well pretty ordinary. Again though how can we we tell really with Pardew's tactics and blind spot in playing Tiote all the time.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't help but think Anita will be that player who leaves, does well at other clubs and we will all reminisce about what could have been.

Only just found out Jon Dahl Tomasson was a manager the other day.

Yep.

Gouffran will get fitter, the part about Marveaux is weapons grade bull s***. He hasn't been given a decent run of games to get match fit and looks far from lazy. And whatever type of player Anita looks, he's a better footballer than Tiote and should have had his place from last Christmas onwards.

This :thup:

Neither Anita nor Marveaux have done enough to make their inclusion an absolute necessity.

I love the 'Marveaux type' player, absolutely love them, but, he doesn't go looking for the ball nearly enough. Tons of ability, great control, gets his head, fantastic range of passing (best at the club), good spurt of speed when he wants. Shown a lack the competitive edge to dominate his opponents with his ability though.

He's only got the likes of Jonas to compete against for a place. He should make himself undroppable.

Neither Anita nor Marveaux have done enough to make their inclusion an absolute necessity.

But how can they, when they've never been given a chance?

:thup:

I'm sick of this argument.  People willing to write them off when neither have been afforded the same lengthy support from Pardew as say, Obertan and Perch for example.

But how can they, when they've never been given a chance?

They have actually been on the pitch if you remember. It was easy to miss at times, i know...