Alan Pardew

Mike

I don't understand where people think this upgrade on Pardew will come from when it comes to Ashley appointments. He s*** all over Keegan and brought in JFK, he tried to salvage his near death with Shearer then s*** all over him for Hughton, he then s*** all over Hughton and brought in Pardew, probably a matter of time before he starts shitting again and JFK returns. His appointments have been woeful and generally downgraded.

And yet you're happy with them

:dowie:

Aye i've been so happy with his previous appointments that i never want to see him appoint anyone again hence why i'll just stick with Pards thanks.

He's the f***ing worst one man:D

Actually Shearer was but at least he did that with the right intentions.

Not only were the intentions different, but Shearer was a complete noob at management. Took a massive gamble and it failed. Pardew has been a below average knacker throughout his career.

Agreed.

Yes, he's a shit has been manager but is no worse than the current manager. But he is not a coward unlike our current manager.

i'm at the point where i think an alcoholic mess like kinnear might be able to pull it together enough to realise that spending 4 fucking days worrying about other team is not the best use of the players that we have available

Lost 12 games since the turn of the year. Since November last year we've lost 21 games. Sack the living s*** out of him.

this, is there honestly still anyone on here who doesn't believe he deserves the sack based purely on his performance over the last year?  i know brett is one but is there anyone else?

would love to see a poll like

I can think of 3  :lol:

who?  inochi, ian w, brett?  i don't think ian w and inochi would keep the fella like they just seem to revel in being contrary (might be wrong)....someone else is a bit pro-pards, happy face?

By the way his performances from last season do deserve the sack just for the record, but i've just always maintained i wouldn't trust Ashley to hire someone to make me happy if he was ditched. Onnce decision was made to keep him, i decided to give him another season and another chance. So actually i do think in general Pardew's performances from last season should have earned him the sack under normal circumstances, but this club hasn’t got normal circumstances  :lol:

Talk about a contradiction of a post. If you are happy with a bloke you think should have been sacked , what difference does it make who is appointed?

Because there's a difference, if i was a Spurs fan i'd have wanted Harry Redknapp sacked and AVB brought in, however i wouldn't have wanted Redknapp sacked if they weren't looking to upgrade. In our case we wouldn't be looking to upgrade, it would be someone like/deffo JFK, so i'd rather stick?

I think you would be hard pressed to find a manager worse than Pardew tbh .

I've actually named our next manager in my post if Pardew gets fired so i wouldn't say i'm hard pressed.

Poyet is available. He'd not cost much, would work under Ashley's constraints I reckon, and can definitely produce better football than Pardew.

He'll have to have a change of brain then. Poyet is prone to play very much safety first, even at home.

Did the Brighton fans not rate him then? Someone posted a link to one of their forums and they seemed happy enough.

I think generally very happy with him till he threw his toys out the pram over finances. The style was decent, he looked to be trying to build things at a clubs that had been in the shit, and they achieved a fair bit relatively. But but that doesn't mean his football was always enjoyable. He was often conservative, not go for the win before securing a draw, dropping his wingers just to try to negate the other team, something he'd no doubt get hammered for on here.

Wouldn't want him near the club personally, but maybe I'm a little biased.

Guest neesy111

Yes, he's a shit has been manager but is no worse than the current manager. But he is not a coward unlike our current manager.

i'm at the point where i think an alcoholic mess like kinnear might be able to pull it together enough to realise that spending 4 fucking days worrying about other team is not the best use of the players that we have available

That's exactly what Kinnear did in 08/09.

I think generally very happy with him till he threw his toys out the pram over finances. The style was decent, he looked to be trying to build things at a clubs that had been in the shit, and they achieved a fair bit relatively. But but that doesn't mean his football was always enjoyable. He was often conservative, not go for the win before securing a draw, dropping his wingers just to try to negate the other team, something he'd no doubt get hammered for on here.

the point for me is balance, if you go all out attack every game and win enough then fine you'll get on like keegan did but to go all out defend and not win you'll fail like pardew does

one of my favourite ever CL games was ac milan vs. juventus which ended 0-0...it was a defensive masterclass from both teams but we're not even seeing defensive masterclasses...we're a fucking shambles

Lost 12 games since the turn of the year. Since November last year we've lost 21 games. Sack the living s*** out of him.

this, is there honestly still anyone on here who doesn't believe he deserves the sack based purely on his performance over the last year?  i know brett is one but is there anyone else?

would love to see a poll like

I can think of 3  :lol:

who?  inochi, ian w, brett?  i don't think ian w and inochi would keep the fella like they just seem to revel in being contrary (might be wrong)....someone else is a bit pro-pards, happy face?

By the way his performances from last season do deserve the sack just for the record, but i've just always maintained i wouldn't trust Ashley to hire someone to make me happy if he was ditched. Onnce decision was made to keep him, i decided to give him another season and another chance. So actually i do think in general Pardew's performances from last season should have earned him the sack under normal circumstances, but this club hasn’t got normal circumstances  :lol:

Talk about a contradiction of a post. If you are happy with a bloke you think should have been sacked , what difference does it make who is appointed?

Because there's a difference, if i was a Spurs fan i'd have wanted Harry Redknapp sacked and AVB brought in, however i wouldn't have wanted Redknapp sacked if they weren't looking to upgrade. In our case we wouldn't be looking to upgrade, it would be someone like/deffo JFK, so i'd rather stick?

I think you would be hard pressed to find a manager worse than Pardew tbh .

I've actually named our next manager in my post if Pardew gets fired so i wouldn't say i'm hard pressed.

Poyet is available. He'd not cost much, would work under Ashley's constraints I reckon, and can definitely produce better football than Pardew.

He'll have to have a change of brain then. Poyet is prone to play very much safety first, even at home.

Did the Brighton fans not rate him then? Someone posted a link to one of their forums and they seemed happy enough.

Well I'm not biased so that sounds like a step up to me. I'm not picky I'll take improvements in small increments.

Guest bimpy474

He threw his toys out of the pram over finances? No alarm bells there for anyone?

Good point but i'd rather a manager stood up to owners than let himself get bummed. Ashley wouldn't appoint Poyet if he stands up for himself.

He threw his toys out of the pram over finances? No alarm bells there for anyone?

Good point but i'd rather a manager stood up to owners than let himself get bummed. Ashley wouldn't appoint Poyet if he stands up for himself.

Yeah, but we have Ashley, that's the thing. So if the manager makes too much of a fuss he'll just be sacked. And chaos.

the point for me is balance, if you go all out attack every game and win enough then fine you'll get on like keegan did but to go all out defend and not win you'll fail like pardew does

one of my favourite ever CL games was ac milan vs. juventus which ended 0-0...it was a defensive masterclass from both teams but we're not even seeing defensive masterclasses...we're a fucking shambles

Pardew is being shit, I know.

I just wouldn't expect Poyet to be great shakes in terms of having a go at teams (nor provide a Milan/Juve defensive masterclass for that matter).

Plus he whines. My God does he whine. :lol:

/not bitter in the slightest.

Pardew is being shit, I know.

I just wouldn't expect Poyet to be great shakes in terms of having a go at teams (nor provide a Milan/Juve defensive masterclass for that matter).

none of that, none of it at all suggests he'd be worse than pardiola

Yeah, but we have Ashley, that's the thing. So if the manager makes too much of a fuss he'll just be sacked. And chaos.

Hence why i'm sticking with Pards, at least he's half coping with it off the pitch at the moment even though he knows things are fucked up, just now his job to get things right on the pitch starting with tomorrow.

I think generally very happy with him till he threw his toys out the pram over finances. The style was decent, he looked to be trying to build things at a clubs that had been in the s***, and they achieved a fair bit relatively. But but that doesn't mean his football was always enjoyable. He was often conservative, not go for the win before securing a draw, dropping his wingers just to try to negate the other team, something he'd no doubt get hammered for on here.

one of my favourite ever CL games was ac milan vs. juventus which ended 0-0...it was a defensive masterclass from both teams but we're not even seeing defensive masterclasses...we're a f***ing shambles

Pardew is being s***, I know.

I read a few threads on Poyet on some BHFC forum (sad cunt that I am), and I noticed mixed reviews as far the football he played is concerned. In the main, though, they all agreed that he gave them a footballing identity. A distinctive style of play. Some thought it was good entertaining football, and some thought it was tactically naive.

Hence why i'm sticking with Pards, at least he's half coping with it off the pitch at the moment even though he knows things are fucked up, just now his job to get things right on the pitch starting with tomorrow.

hold on, hold on, you should probably flesh this out a bit with some facts

I think generally very happy with him till he threw his toys out the pram over finances. The style was decent, he looked to be trying to build things at a clubs that had been in the s***, and they achieved a fair bit relatively. But but that doesn't mean his football was always enjoyable. He was often conservative, not go for the win before securing a draw, dropping his wingers just to try to negate the other team, something he'd no doubt get hammered for on here.

one of my favourite ever CL games was ac milan vs. juventus which ended 0-0...it was a defensive masterclass from both teams but we're not even seeing defensive masterclasses...we're a f***ing shambles

Pardew is being s***, I know.

I read a few threads on Poyet on some BHFC forum (sad cunt that I am), and I noticed mixed reviews as far the football he played is concerned. In the main, though, they all agreed that he gave them a footballing identity. A distinctive style of play. Some thought it was good entertaining football, and some thought it was tactically naive.

Sounds like a great concept. Seriously I thought they looked very well organised when they played us, whereas we looked the same as usual. No shape or movement with everyone looking at each other as to what to do next.

Guest bimpy474

Hence the second part of my post ;)

I genuinely think it would be hard to find a worse manager than pardew at the minute. It's at the point of actually insanity now,  he hasn't the first clue what he is doing

the thing that certain people can't see is that the players so obviously know this, they don't believe in the man and what he's telling them, the net result is on the pitch

/assumption