Alan Pardew

Mike

http://i41.tinypic.com/slmx53.jpg

I did this after the villa game which shows our progress on more short passing and less going long. The increased accuracy follows naturally from that I think.

On total short passes...

9th on 398 per game.

Last year 14th on 327 per game.

The desperation to prove we're not hitting it long as much as we used to :lol:. We know, man. We can see it with our eyes. The thing is, it's actually counter productive unless the players move around a bit.

imo the movement has gotten a little better - as in improved, not saying world class here - with the inclusion of Anita and the availability of HBA. Pardew undoubtedly hates this, much as he undoubtedly also hates sunshine, babies and music, so I'm sure it will be drilled out of them quickly. Not as static as last season, so far, and still work to be done but it's mildly encouraging.

Our ability to break down opposition defense is still as bad as it ever was. Remy has caused a bit more chaos which has led to opportunities. But its not yet an effective system of switching play and using the pace of runners to create space for the others.

I'm hopeful that will come though.

Our ability to break down opposition defense is still as bad as it ever was. Remy has caused a bit more chaos which has led to opportunities. But its not yet an effective system of switching play and using the pace of runners to create space for the others.

I'm hopeful that will come though.

Not getting into a 'who's better' debate here but if you look at your arch nemesis, Laudrup. He gets his players moving very effectively. Even when they change out most of their team, the other players who come make good runs and create space.

That's clearly not Pardew's style (there's pros and cons to both - Swansea can look far too open at times). The only way we're going to play that way is if we buy players for which that is their natural game.

You want us to buy players that don't necessarily fit with the managers ethos. That's hindering Pardew not helping him.

My arch Nemesis?  :mike:

He was one of many top flight managers I said i wouldn't necessarily risk the upheaval of a sacking for.  It was the Laudrup bum-boys that couldn't accept that.

The criteria you seem to hold as to whom you'd like appointed, the ability to create a good football team doesn't appear to be a priority. You might be able to understand that as this just a forum and so everything wished for here is just fantasy, other posters may find that an anethema.

The notion that you have to be a "Laudrop bum boy" to be slightly disturbed by any Newcastle fan not seeing Pardew binned for Laudrop as an exciting switch, man  :lol:

I would have been equally disgusted in the summer by anyone if they were slightly weary of sacking Shola Ameobi off for Eric Lamela.

The notion that you have to be a "Laudrop bum boy" to be slightly disturbed by any Newcastle fan not seeing Pardew binned for Laudrop as an exciting switch, man  :lol:

I would have been equally disgusted in the summer by anyone if they were slightly weary of sacking Shola Ameobi off for Eric Lamela.

Yep - as bad as people saying that RDM isn't a good enough upgrade on Pardew..!!

There must be a lot of Pardew's troll mates on this forum.

The criteria you seem to hold as to whom you'd like appointed, the ability to create a good football team doesn't appear to be a priority. You might be able to understand that as this just a forum and so everything wished for here is just fantasy, other posters may find that an anethema.

That's it like.

Like fantasising that the removal of Shimon Peres from power is likely to solve the middle east crisis.

I do not doubt he could get a more attractive loooking brand of football out of our current squad.

Since Brondby he's never stuck a job for more than 14 months. He got £30m to spend at Swansea this year and recouped nowt.

There is no chance in hell that he and Ashley could form a working relationship.

That's it like.

Like fantasising that the removal of Shimon Peres from power is likely to solve the middle east crisis.

You have to start somewhere, HF :lol:

You have no idea whether or not he and Ashley could make a working relationship, non at all.

You've looked at a few numbers and just went "he quit his last 2 jobs after about a year, and he spent 30m at Swansea, so he could never work with Ashley, never."

Even if he did just stay a year with minimal spend there's a far better chance I'd enjoy that year more than I would under Pardew, which is something atleast. He does have form of making cup finals in these brief stints.

Laudrup was making noises recently about lack of signings wasn't he? Wasn't there even a rumour he was going to walk out?

Aye wasn't happy at his transfer budget and basically gave them an ultimatum for more money, they obviously gave in to his demands, would Ashley have done the same?

You have no idea whether or not he and Ashley could make a working relationship, non at all.

You've looked at a few numbers and just went "he quit his last 2 jobs after about a year, and he spent 30m at Swansea, so he could never work with Ashley, never."

Even if he did just stay a year with minimal spend there's a far better chance I'd enjoy that year more than I would under Pardew, which is something atleast. He does have form of making cup finals in these brief stints.

That's a pretty short term view. 

I'd prefer Pardew to continue learning at the moment than risk upheaval like we saw in 08/09.

I base my view of what sort of working relationship they might have on what I perceive to be the footballing outlook of the people Ashley brings in compared to the footballing outlook of the people he's shown himself incapable of getting on with.

Time and again he has shown that simple minded purveyors of no-nonsense football like Wise, Kinnear and Pardew are people that he gets on with.  Anyone with a more romantic view of the beautiful game or anyone that builds a rapport with fans such as Keegan, Hughton or Shearer get moved aside quite quickly.