Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Didn't see the game but had it recorded. Can't bear to watch it, though I've seen the goals.

I don't like it when he plays Perch and Tiote together. Two defensive CMs, and the defence still gets exposed.

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but it looked like Elliot got caught in no mans land for the first two goals. It looked a very makeshift back five, with no leaders.

That high line with Sturridge ghosting through a flat footed defence doing nothing but stare at the linesman and hope he was offside was f***ing terrifying.

Hung out to dry. What an abysmal tactic to play against Sturridge and Coutinho. Gerrard as well, he's not that good anymore but he can still pick a pass.

I'm still dismayed at the level of apathy from the stands yesterday. In past seasons managers who aren't near as bad as Pardew have suffered an enormous amount, but it seemed then that the majority of the SJP crowd had their minds made up from the start about them- Souness, Allardyce etc. The atmosphere was pretty s***, and you cant blame any one for that as its just so uninspiring to watch, but the whole ground should have been seething at Pardew. Yet there seems to be plenty of mongs who still see him as some sort of hero. "He's not out there kicking the ball", one woman argued with me. Dear god, is this what Newcastle fans have sunk to? Where's this renowned passion and backing of our team, wanting the best for our club?

We turn up in our numbers, but it counts for f*** all when you don't put that fan power to use. No wonder the players have given up if the lifeblood of this club has too. We're screwed.

Guest bimpy474

I'm still dismayed at the level of apathy from the stands yesterday. In past seasons managers who aren't near as bad as Pardew have suffered an enormous amount, but it seemed then that the majority of the SJP crowd had their minds made up from the start about them- Souness, Allardyce etc. The atmosphere was pretty s***, and you cant blame any one for that as its just so uninspiring to watch, but the whole ground should have been seething at Pardew. Yet there seems to be plenty of mongs who still see him as some sort of hero. "He's not out there kicking the ball", one woman argued with me. Dear god, is this what Newcastle fans have sunk to? Where's this renowned passion and backing of our team, wanting the best for our club?

We turn up in our numbers, but it counts for f*** all when you don't put that fan power to use. No wonder the players have given up if the lifeblood of this club has too. We're screwed.

Good post

It is a great post but also an absolutely terrible one, in the aspect of how scarily accurate it seems. Scares the shit out of me like.

Never mind the ground there's plenty of them on here who would rather slate the players individually rather than admit Pardew's cock eyed formations and window salesman football knowledge are to blame. Johnny, Foreigner doesn't know what it means to be a geordie, French Legion don't like it up em and so on.

Good post

It is a great post but also an absolutely terrible one, in the aspect of how scarily accurate it seems. Scares the shit out of me like.

It was always part of the Ashley-Llambias masterplan to neuter the fans permanently. They've done that by attrition: cheapening the stadium with SportsDirect.com branding everywhere, cheapening the quality of management and players, recruiting players with no connection/care for the city or its people, everything designed to lower fans' expectations, gradually squeezing out any hope or expectation, crushing the spirit. Being inside SJP just feels like the place is a shadow of its former glorious self. He's the victor. It's hard to imagine ever seeing the sorts of scenes and sounds of protest that we saw when Keegan left. He's broken us. He's fucking won.

Never mind the ground there's plenty of them on here who would rather slate the players individually rather than admit Pardew's cock eyed formations and window salesman football knowledge are to blame. Johnny, Foreigner doesn't know what it means to be a geordie, French Legion don't like it up em and so on.

Me, for example. :lol:

I think after the Keegan debacle the fans have realised that what they say or do has no bearing at all, so they don't bother.

Still can't believe this result. What a set of cunts, the lot of them.

O0

O0

Except I'm saying that Pardew is a very large part of the problem, but I see him more as a symptom than a cause of our deeper malaise. The cause is Ashley, the rot however is so deeply set in now that I doubt even appointing a new manager will make a difference. But you can't pretend that the players are beyond criticism in all this. They're paid enough, ffs...

Except I'm saying that Pardew is a very large part of the problem, but I see him more as a symptom than a cause of our deeper malaise. The cause is Ashley, the rot however is so deeply set in now that I doubt even appointing a new manager will make a difference. But you can't pretend that the players are beyond criticism in all this. They're paid enough, ffs...

As if that makes the slightest bit of difference.  :lol:

As if that makes the slightest bit of difference.  :lol:

Might not make any difference to the players. But it fucking does to me. That's the point.

Guest bimpy474

Good post

It was always part of the Ashley-Llambias masterplan to neuter the fans permanently. They've done that by attrition: cheapening the stadium with SportsDirect.com branding everywhere, cheapening the quality of management and players, recruiting players with no connection/care for the city or its people, everything designed to lower fans' expectations, gradually squeezing out any hope or expectation, crushing the spirit. Being inside SJP just feels like the place is a shadow of its former glorious self. He's the victor. It's hard to imagine ever seeing the sorts of scenes and sounds of protest that we saw when Keegan left. He's broken us. He's fucking won.

One thing with that GM, that would be virtually any player we buy to be honest.

Might not make any difference to the players. But it f***ing does to me. That's the point.

It doesn't make any difference to me, I would expect them to do better if they were paying to play.

Good post

Not so sure mate. I can think of a few players we've bought in recent years who seemed to 'get' what the club and the city is all about: e.g. Nolan, Barton, Enrique...er...er.........

Guest bimpy474

Good post

Not so sure mate. I can think of a few players we've bought in recent years who seemed to 'get' what the club and the city is all about: e.g. Nolan, Barton, Enrique...er...er.........

Although the players are to blame as well, this is well and truly at Pardew's door. Ashley isn't to blame for the set pieces, the horrid football, the constant stream of shit and negativity that spews from Pardew, the poor team selections and substitutions.

Actually maybe he is, he appointed the fucking idiot manager.

First time I've been on here since beig at the match. 6-0 lol. Most pathetic game I've ever been to. Another level to mackems. Playing to keep it at 6-0 against an average Liverpool.

And what the fuck was with our fans clapping their subs off?! Embarrassing too.