Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

f***ing hell.

I think that was the most embarrassing game I've ever had the misfortune of attending. The strangest atmosphere I've ever experienced. At least against the mackems we showed a bit of fight and, with a bit more luck, could have scraped something. But today, from the manager down, we absolutely bottled it. Shameful, shameful stuff. I'm still shellshocked. Worst thing is, I knew it was on the cards as soon as I saw the lineup.

Finally holding up your hands?

Absolutely shameful performance from us.......will never forget this humiliation gift wrap by Pardew. 

You can f*** off with that s***, like.

You fuck off freaking moron that dumber than cow. Head out of the sand

:lol: :lol: Christ, that's made me laugh for the first time in about six hours. Thank you.

Not fair on Inochi, that. He just tries to balance out the mega-negativity (both justified and unjustified). He's never been pro-Pardew. For him to say he lost faith today means a hell of a lot. He is certainly not dumber than cow.

It's not been "mega-negativity" though has it? It's been proven to be absolutely bang on.

Why some people think that living in a fucking dream world where everything is rosy somehow makes them some sort of better supporter is fucking bizarre.

Not fair on Inochi, that. He just tries to balance out the mega-negativity (both justified and unjustified). He's never been pro-Pardew. For him to say he lost faith today means a hell of a lot. He is certainly not dumber than cow.

It's not been "mega-negativity" though has it? It's been proven to be absolutely bang on.

Why some people think that living in a f***ing dream world where everything is rosy somehow makes them some sort of better supporter is f***ing bizarre.

I'm not saying I agree with his views. I respect them, though. No-one has any right to judge how good a supporter anyone is and he doesn't come across like he believes it.

fwiw I'm almost as vehemently against Pardew as you, I just have a higher tolerance :lol:

Why some people think that living in a fucking dream world where everything is rosy somehow makes them some sort of better supporter is fucking bizarre.

Well that's right. I can remember everyone giving HTT all sorts of shit last season even though all his objections were well reasoned, even if they were all a bit over the top. I know when I was pointing this stuff out I had Stu asking what were my professional credentials. Not being a fucking dimwit for a start.

Guest icemanblue

Really can't be arsed to get into this, but I've never thought I was in any way a 'better' supporter*. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I reserve the right to ridicule you for it as much you do me for mine. We're all big lads, and for most it only matters when they're behind a keyboard.

(*Except for fucking scandos)

:lol: :lol: You're funny as fuck.

I think Inochi's just shown himself to have incredible tolerance levels this year, I've no idea how someone can be so optimistic in the face of so much horrible shit happening left, right and centre.  Tbf I did have it in the back of my mind that he might end up being sort of right, our form might pick up a bit and it'd be sort of alright.  I don't think anyone could have seen these results coming, no matter what your outlook.  0-3 and 0-6 against the mackems and Liverpool is just so catastrophic.

Six fucking nil. Can't believe it.

What could Arsenal do to us?

Thought about this as I was coming out the ground. Probably the worst team we could have left to face. Any team that can pass and move to a vaguely competent standard can basically score as many as they like at the moment.

Why did people leave on 90 minutes? :lol:

You managed to make it through the last 20 minutes but just couldn't see it out? :lol:

Six f***ing nil. Can't believe it.

What could Arsenal do to us?

Thought about this as I was coming out the ground. Probably the worst team we could have left to face. Any team that can pass and move to a vaguely competent standard can basically score as many as they like at the moment.

It's gonna be a full on Mandingo!

Sickening that defending. Going to give me nightmares. Really think we're going down now. Can't believe it :(

Yeah, we badly need Colo back and Taylor banished to the nether regions, if we don't improve with him in the team, then it's looking seriously bleak.

Cooled down a little.

Pardew is an atrocious man manager, an atrocious tactician, doesn't make in-game adjustments and has been exposed this season for the mouthpiece he is. The main criticism of Chris Hughton was that he was a coach, not a manager. Well Alan Pardew looks like a football manager, but he is failing to get these players ready to play on Saturday/Sunday. When Sissoko regresses this quickly, it's clear something is broken in how these players are being prepared and coached.

Having said that, the impact of one man only goes so far. Managers like Allardyce, Pulis, and others I wouldn't want anywhere near the club are getting better results when it matters in big games with inferior talent. And they certainly aren't getting easily beaten by poor local rivals or shafted 6-0 at home two weeks later. You don't lose 6-0 without players taking some responsibility. Why has our club captain f***ed off to Argentina to watch his local team instead of staying to help his team mates prepare in any way he can? Especially when his replacement is learning the English league as he goes. Why does HBA leave for France after every injury and come back noticeably out of shape when we need him? There is obviously latent ability, because these players have the international caps to show for it. But I'm questioning the character. I want Pardew gone, but the heads dropping and letting in 6 goals (or the routine second half collapses, or the away form) is not all on the direct consequence of his failures, even if he bares the ultimate responsibility. Even monkeys like Big Sam and Pulis manage to get the odd result away from home or avoid embarrassments like today.

Cooled down a little.

Pardew is an atrocious man manager, an atrocious tactician, doesn't make in-game adjustments and has been exposed this season for the mouthpiece he is. The main criticism of Chris Hughton was that he was a coach, not a manager. Well Alan Pardew looks like a football manager, but he is failing to get these players ready to play on Saturday/Sunday. When Sissoko regresses this quickly, it's clear something is broken in how these players are being prepared and coached.

Having said that, the impact of one man only goes so far. Managers like Allardyce, Pulis, and others I wouldn't want anywhere near the club are getting better results when it matters in big games with inferior talent. And they certainly aren't getting easily beaten by poor local rivals or shafted 6-0 at home two weeks later. You don't lose 6-0 without players taking some responsibility. Why has our club captain f***ed off to Argentina to watch his local team instead of staying to help his team mates prepare in any way he can? Especially when his replacement is learning the English league as he goes. Why does HBA leave for France after every injury and come back noticeably out of shape when we need him? There is obviously latent ability, because these players have the international caps to show for it. But I'm questioning the character. I want Pardew gone, but the heads dropping and letting in 6 goals (or the routine second half collapses, or the away form) is not all on the direct consequence of his failures, even if he bares the ultimate responsibility. Even monkeys like Big Sam and Pulis manage to get the odd result away from home or avoid embarrassments like today.

What do you think a manager is paid for if it isn't to get the best perfomance out of the players available? If player are taking the piss, who is responsible if not the manager?

another thing is that the last 2 home games have effectively reduced our points total by 1 as we've screwed or goal difference by -9.  (does that make sense, i'm tired and pissed off)

Cooled down a little.

What do you think a manager is paid for if it isn't to get the best perfomance out of the players available? If player are taking the p*ss, who is responsible if not the manager?

He is 100% responsible for the result, and he should pay for this year with his job.

But bad managers at the bottom of the league seem to be getting better results with inferior players. The players on the pitch have some agency in the outcome, regardless of how they are set up or what their manager says at half time. I'd expect to see a lot better effort than 0-6 at home to a mid table side with nothing to play for even if it was Pardew, Kinnear or anyone at the top.

Just remembered one of our players being down (Haidara?), Liverpool just knocking it across to put it out of play, us intercepting and setting Sissoko away only for him to pass the ball straight back to one of their players :lol: