QPR vs Newcastle Utd - 12/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV) - a win confirms safety

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My initial thought was that there is a case for Simpson playing. I've since bought into Felipao's argument that with a more defensive MYM on the other flank we can afford a more attacking approach on the right while being able to deal with their counters.

Having faith that it will be a win for us.

Worried about being caught out on the counter attack by QPR. We've sunk so low.

It doesn't matter who the opposition is, all teams should be concerned with being caught on the counter attack.

We shouldn't be worried about any thing to do with QPR. They've won 2 home games all season and are chock-a-block with mercenaries who don't give a shit, cloggers and a manager who seems focused on next season. It's how low we've sunk that is making us terrified of them.

Who is terrified? I'd argue that it'd be extremely foolish for us to go into the game with a reckless attitude like that. Regardless of how bad they are, they still have individuals who can hurt any team. Winning games requires a balance of attack and defence. We can't expect to just turn up and have them roll over, can we?

Not the way we've been playing this season, no. However that is the point. Ordinarily there is nothing to fear from QPR. Even Stoke who are almost as negative as us got a win there recently. Yet no-one here is that confident we can beat the worst team in the league.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130510/sissoko-and-shola-sidelined-for-season_2281670_3174068

Oh no, no Shola. The highlight of every 65th minute.

We must hold a round of applause at 65.

I don't know how the team will function without Sholas strength, agility and skill, I just don't think we will be able to function as a team. :lol:

On a serious note Sissoko is going to be a miss, we could do with his ability and power in the last two games.

It doesn't matter if Debuchy plays behind Hatem, with MYM playing at left back we can easily use the cover system, especially with Tiote sitting in front of the defence as well. We need to score goals, Debuchy brings far more to the table in that regard.

Guest bimpy474

Well this will feck up our plans, i wonder if it'll mean Cisse on the wing and Steve Stone to come in up top as this news is so close to game time.

This just isn't fair, theres no time to react to this.

Guest icemanblue

It doesn't matter who the opposition is, all teams should be concerned with being caught on the counter attack.

We shouldn't be worried about any thing to do with QPR. They've won 2 home games all season and are chock-a-block with mercenaries who don't give a shit, cloggers and a manager who seems focused on next season. It's how low we've sunk that is making us terrified of them.

Who is terrified? I'd argue that it'd be extremely foolish for us to go into the game with a reckless attitude like that. Regardless of how bad they are, they still have individuals who can hurt any team. Winning games requires a balance of attack and defence. We can't expect to just turn up and have them roll over, can we?

Not the way we've been playing this season, no. However that is the point. Ordinarily there is nothing to fear from QPR. Even Stoke who are almost as negative as us got a win there recently. Yet no-one here is that confident we can beat the worst team in the league.

I'm sure the sentiment is sound here, but 'nothing to fear' doesn't sit well with me. We should be able to nullify their threats, as most teams have done this season, but we shouldn't be dismissing them out of hand. It wouldn't be wise to be over confident going into a game of this magnitude, so hopefully it'll serve us well.

I'm sure the sentiment is sound here, but 'nothing to fear' doesn't sit well with me. We should be able to nullify their threats, as most teams have done this season, but we shouldn't be dismissing them out of hand. It wouldn't be wise to be over confident going into a game of this magnitude, so hopefully it'll serve us well.

I'm not saying we should be over confident. I'm just saying they're all kinds of shit. However so are we now.

Guest Nixon

You have to remove any kind of spectacle to the game.

Not an easy task, but achievable. As soon as you begin to focus on the significance the mental inhibitions present themselves. We beat QPR in December at St James' Park. Both sides have since improved and I would think ours just a tad more. We have a motivation to play for and thus should be able to blend those factors together to overcome them.

It won't be easy, they showed against Arsenal they don't intend to be embarrassed. Yet I think if we target the right frailties (the positional sense of Armand Traore in particular) we can achieve success.

Elliott

Debuchy Colo Taylor MYM

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

HBA                      Gouffran

Cisse

Should be enough to beat QPR, provided the front 3 don't play in our half... :pardsgrin:

Spot on me thinks. Bar possibly Simpson. Simpson would be actually unlucky not start if he doesn't as he's been pretty good lately and you shouldn't drop form players. However another part of me thinks he's as good as gone in the summer so let's keep Debuchy (and Cabaye) happy. Tough call there really. I'd be tempted though to stick with Simpson.

Jarvis got the better of Simpson a quite a few times last week in the 2nd half didnt he?

He pretty much raped him, if Nolan or Carroll took advantage of the service afforded to them West Ham would have won and everyone would be f*cked off at Simpson.

Quite frankly considering his performance this time, rightly f*cking so he was terrible.

It was only a brilliant performance from Elliott and the post that prevented us from conceding down the right hand side. Not that I'm going to say Santon or Debuchy have been rock solid either like, they just bring far more to the table when we actually have the ball.

It was only a brilliant performance from Elliott and the post that prevented us from conceding down the right hand side. Not that I'm going to say Santon or Debuchy have been rock solid either like, they just bring far more to the table when we actually have the ball.

I thought Debuchy was very solid till his injury against Wigan, although since the Benfica defeat the team has really fallen apart in the league we were obviously losing games but never looked devoid of any organisation and calm like it had been between the Benfica loss and till Colo got back.

Won't comment on Santon :lol:

Jarvis got the better of Simpson a quite a few times last week in the 2nd half didnt he?

He pretty much raped him, if Nolan or Carroll took advantage of the service afforded to them West Ham would have won and everyone would be f*cked off at Simpson.

Quite frankly considering his performance this time, rightly f*cking so he was terrible.

Is that a quote from Pardew's presser?