Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

His replacement is going to be announced within the next 48 hours according to SSN.

Didn't expect that.

Bet Chelsea are running round like idiots right now making sure they get Mourinho in first.

His replacement is going to be announced within the next 48 hours according to SSN.

Didn't expect that.

Doubt they were ever gonna let Fergie resign without a plan in place. Most likely his successor would have been settled months ago.

Didn't expect that.

Bet Chelsea are running round like idiots right now making sure they get Mourinho in first.

As much as I hate Man Ure I would love to see Abramovic's smug, smirky face if they've sneaked in and pinched him under the radar.

Didn't expect that.

Doubt they were ever gonna let Fergie resign without a plan in place. Most likely his successor would have been settled months ago.

February, it was. Mourinho being at Old Trafford not celebrating, saying the 'best team didn't win', almost apologizing for knocking them out... it was done than imo (looking back now).

Guest Spark

All the betting seems to be on Moyes.

Aye. Random flurry of bets for him a couple of nights ago, and now Fergie announces his retirement. Unlikely to be a coincidence.

Right time to go, and in Moyes, the right replacement.

I'm not sure about him hanging around as a Director / Ambassador though. The oldies among us will remember what happened when Matt Busby stayed around behind the scenes.

Surely that rules out Klopp? Imagine being a Dortmund fan if it is him though, losing Götze and your manager just weeks before the CL final :scared:

JK: "As everyone knows, Fergie is one of my best friends in the business, so without a shadow of doubt I'll throw my head into the ring - despite still having that 2 year Newcastle deal ready to get signed on my table".

Right time to go, and in Moyes, the right replacement.

I'm not sure about him hanging around as a Director / Ambassador though. The oldies among us will remember what happened when Matt Busby stayed around behind the scenes.

Spill the beans Cronky!

I think Moyes is a huge gamble for Man Utd. It's a completely different ball game managing Everton, so anything could happen really whereas there are managers throughout Europe would have worked under similar pressure before and would jump at the chance of managing them. It's certainly going to be interesting as a neutral though.

I think Moyes is a huge gamble for Man Utd. It's a completely different ball game managing Everton, so anything could happen really whereas there are managers throughout Europe would have worked under similar pressure before and would jump at the chance of managing them. It's certainly going to be interesting as a neutral though.

Pressure? Pressure of what?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems likely to be Moyes.

Out of contract end of the season. Everton are 'safe' and more than likely in Europe, but still won't commit to a new deal. Believes in Youth Development. Is Scottish. The Scottish part is the deal maker.

It's obviously something they have thought long and hard about, will be interesting to see how it pans out. Think half of it will be how they deal with the media hounding him every time they drop a point.

Such a hard role to fill. Moyes is a bit too boring, but Mourinho is a bit too exciting.

If Fergie is going to mentor him and help him along then Moyes will probably do a decent job. Seems like they could work together without Moyes getting all defensive.