Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can imagine the new guy will work with Phelan for a season, change very little, and will probably end up using Sir Alex for backup a few times while slowly putting his own influence into the team.

Sounds like THE LIVERPOOL BOOT ROOM.

I admit I'm a fan of his, huge amounts of respect for him. Sure he pissed me off with Fergie time, blasting ref's etc but you can't deny that he is possibly the best manager of all time.

It's not going to be the same again without him, and I have a feeling Man Utd will go from one short term managerial appointment to another.

Despite the few times where he's acted the cunt towards us in the past I still find myself liking him, so I'm quite saddened by this.

The inevitable media wankfest over his achievements from now until season's close may change this view.

Guest neesy111

Pretty sure Mou has already agreed to join Chelsea. But I would love to see the looks on the faces of all those Chelsea fans chanting for him every game since December if he dumped them and went to ManU instead :lol:

Apparently those talks stalled on Sunday over money.

Guest palnese

I'm feeling slightly gutted tbh, and certainly not as happy as I thought I'd be. He's the biggest man in football, and the game will never be the same.

Why did you think you'd be happy?

Because I can't stand him :lol:

Ah right. I don't 'like' him, but I think he was amazing for the game and for what he achieved. Never thought I would be happy he was retiring, though it will be really interesting to see what happens next.

:thup:

The whole World will take part in the last bit of your post. You can't say that about many other jobs in the World.

I reckon it's between four people; Phelan, Mourinho, Moyes and Klopp, and the last is extremely unlikely.

I've got my reasons for and reasons against all of them.

Sick. What a man.

Why Mourinho?

Klopp all day.

Good shout. Plays an attractive style and is committed to developing academy players. At a good age so he can form his own legacy. Speaks English well.

Loves Dortmund but he can surely be tempted by one of the biggest job in club football.

I reckon it's between four people; Phelan, Mourinho, Moyes and Klopp, and the last is extremely unlikely.

Sick. What a man.

What about Ancelotti?

Sick. What a man.

What about Ancelotti?

No chance.

Mourinho seems fairly unlikely to me... they want a top manager but do they want a media circus? And would he stick around long enough?

Can't see it myself really, I'd imagine Fergie would someone like Moyes, someone he can mentor more than someone who has already won a fair bit.

Mourinho seems fairly unlikely to me... they want a top manager but do they want a media circus? And would he stick around long enough?

That's the major negative right now with Mourinho. He's obviously a fantastic manager and one of the worlds best, but he's managed four clubs in twelve years. We need commitment. Pards in. We'll get at least 8 years from him.

Sick. What a man.

What about Ancelotti?

Just signed a new 2 year deal hasn't he?

The best manager potentially available would be too get Jupp Heynckes. Proven record, used to pressure cooker environments, not an utter bellwipe.

Mourinho is far too short sighted and volatile. Man Utd. have always had a focus on youth. Mourinho prefers older players and rarely brings through youngsters.

He's been at 4 big clubs and he has left them all after 3 years at most. Man Utd. will look for the next SAF, Wenger or Moyes. Probably won't be Moyes like.

Klopp for me. All day.

Possibly some kinda Wenger-Moyes dream team? What?

This is it, like. His shadow will hang over every subsequent manager they have. That's unavoidable, I guess. One thing is for certain: whoever comes in will not be afforded the time and patience he himself benefitted from.

Hopefully!  Can't see it toppling them from the top unfortunately, but it is a brave man who takes over.  Don't win it with Taggart's players and he's a failure.  Win it with Taggart's players and it's his legacy that's won it.  Change things around and win nowt and he's destroyed them and is out the door.  I like the sound of the latter.

Having him hanging around the club is a great idea.  A bit like KK Kenny hanging around at Liverpool when Hodgson was manager.

Horrible man, horrible club and horrible 'fans'.  A perfect match.  Good riddance.

Still, I'll miss his nose.  The litmus paper for how badly a result was going for them.

Can't see it myself really, I'd imagine Fergie would someone like Moyes, someone he can mentor more than someone who has already won a fair bit.

Same. Man U would want somebody for the long-term that has a focus on young players and the academy imo. That's something you're unlikely to get out of Mourinho.