Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

His replacement is going to be announced within the next 48 hours according to SSN.

Didn't expect that.

Bet Chelsea are running round like idiots right now making sure they get Mourinho in first.

As much as I hate Man Ure I would love to see Abramovic's smug, smirky face if they've sneaked in and pinched him under the radar.

Real Madrid will be over the moon at this, Chelsea supposedly unwilling to pay the massive buy out for Jose and now this happens, instant €€€ for them. Would be very amusing if they missed out after everything thats been said though :lol:

End of an era. Not sure I cared for his Machiavellian ways as a manager of an opposing team all these years, but you can't really deny his place as the most successful manager in the Premiership era, and say what you will - he'll be a big miss from the Premiership in future. Will be interesting to see if the Man U fans give Moyes as long as SAF got in his early years at Old Trafford. I suspect not...

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/09/26/460KinnearTomJenkins.jpg

:spit:

Imagine him in this scenario.

'Who's Bob Cass? You're a c***.'

Guest Roger Kint

Everton saying theres been no approach for Moyes but odds dropping to 1/4 and Mourinho out to 3/1 are pretty telling. Wonder how their fans will react to Moyes on Saturday at home to West Ham if he agrees to go beforehand

Can't believe skybet are actually giving 66/1 on Pep being the next manager ffs. :lol: Why is he even on the list.

If Mourinho hasn't already gone to Chelsea I would've thought he'd be top of the list. But I can't imagine someone like David Moyes going, he's just not good enough. Ancelotti possibly.

Can't believe skybet are actually giving 66/1 on Pep being the next manager ffs. :lol: Why is he even on the list.

If Mourinho hasn't already gone to Chelsea I would've thought he'd be top of the list. But I can't imagine someone like David Moyes going, he's just not good enough. Ancelotti possibly.

:dontknow: It's merely about what idiots put their money on when it comes to next manager odds really, isn't it?

I think Moyes is a good manager, but club management at the top clubs is entirely different now compared to the way it was when Ferguson got the job.

For starters, the expectation that Man United will play in the CL every year, and compete enough to win it, means that their manager needs to have deep experience of managing in that competition. Moyes doesn't have anything like enough of that.

Maybe Ferguson lingering on their board will help, but I still suspect it'll be someone else.

BJvC9irCAAAE_kd.jpg

Moyes' record. Not good enough for that job imo.

That's an insanely bad record. Wonder what his record's like at Spurs and Man City since they've both risen.

Alex McLeish 250/1

Bryan Robson 66/1

ALan Pardew 664/1

Dogleash 250/1

Hughton 100/1

David O'Leary 100/1

:lol:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-manager

On the basis that Manchester United would only ever wish to recruit the best quality manager, those odds tell you everything you need to know about :pardsgrin:

McLeish, Dalgleish and O'Leary all rated higher, ffs. :lol:

It's obviously something they have thought long and hard about, will be interesting to see how it pans out. Think half of it will be how they deal with the media hounding him every time they drop a point.

Especially as hes staying around as a Director/Ambassador will caste a long shadow shades of when Busby left hopefully

Alex McLeish 250/1

Bryan Robson 66/1

ALan Pardew 664/1

Dogleash 250/1

Hughton 100/1

David O'Leary 100/1

:lol:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-manager

On the basis that Manchester United would only ever wish to recruit the best quality manager, those odds tell you everything you need to know about :pardsgrin:

McLeish, Dalgleish and O'Leary all rated higher, ffs. :lol:

It's probably more to do with the 7 year compensation that would have to be paid.

Right time to go, and in Moyes, the right replacement.

I'm not sure about him hanging around as a Director / Ambassador though. The oldies among us will remember what happened when Matt Busby stayed around behind the scenes.

Spill the beans Cronky!

It wasn’t anything dramatic. But having such a revered figure still involved with the club created a problem for his successors. They were constantly being measured against the great man, and inevitably there were concerns about Busby’s influence in the Boardroom, whether justified or not.

Having said that, the club in that era were still hamstrung by a policy of only appointing Catholic managers, which restricted the field somewhat. It was quite a while before they got someone who was strong enough to take the pressure.

Has Moyes been under any serious pressure in his managerial career to succeed?

Yes, Everton avoided relegation on the final day in 2004. Moyes was under heaps of pressure, the next season they finished 4th.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Someone like this guy.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32897075.jpg

He's a football and mathematical genius. I think he got Brum at 9th on 50 points with only 37 goals scored FFS  :lol:

Seriously I think that it will be a low profile appointment a bit like Tito at Barcelona

If Fergie is going to mentor him and help him along then Moyes will probably do a decent job. Seems like they could work together without Moyes getting all defensive.

I just don't think that would work. Moyes has to do things his own way, and inevitably there are going to be changes.