Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Apart from Rooney I don't think it could.

He always has some sort of injury/illness/suspension before every major tournament which leads to him being unfit and absolutely fucking awful.

Can't wait to see what this years one will be. Something creative and original probably, I'm gonna guess cataracts or something.

Guest Roger Kint

£55 for Chelsea? And they wonder why we dont take up as many tickets as possible  :rolleyes:

Isn't it always a daft price?

Think its got up slightly from last year but aye. Considering we tried to get everyone to do that deal its a kick in the teeth really. Think we charged them £35

Guest Roger Kint

I don't think Walcott's that big a loss. With Sturridge, Rooney and Welbeck, there's only room for one other in that front four - and there are various options in Walcott's ilk.

Its only three games, am sure we can still manage to fuck them up without him

Thomas Hitzlsperger comes out as gay. :clap:

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2014-01/thomas-hitzlsperger-homosexualitaet-fussball (German)

Just came in to post this, great to see someone so high profile come out, just a shame the game is still at a stage where it takes a lot of courage to come out.

Aye, it's unfortunate that it's after retirement. (although in the article it says he only realised in the last few years)

Thomas Hitzlsperger comes out as gay. :clap:

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2014-01/thomas-hitzlsperger-homosexualitaet-fussball (German)

Just came in to post this, great to see someone so high profile come out, just a shame the game is still at a stage where it takes a lot of courage to come out.

Aye, it's unfortunate that it's after retirement. (although in the article it says he only realised in the last few years)

I suspect a lot of pro's are scared of it jeopardising their careers.

I dont like the idea that footballers/celebs etc should feel any need to come out, their private lives should remain just that imo. The culture surrounding high profile players needs to change so that they are are recognised only for what they do on the football pitch. However in this instance he seems to have came out by his own choice, so fair play to him :thup:

Only realised in the last few years ... isn't that guy like 30?!

Find that quite shocking, and a bit creepy tbh.

Why? You often see people coming out later on in life, even if they have a wife and kids. For some people it changes, you're not definitely one thing for the rest of your life.

I dont like the idea that footballers/celebs etc should feel any need to come out, their private lives should remain just that imo. The culture surrounding high profile players needs to change so that they are are recognised only for what they do on the football pitch. However in this instance he seems to have came out by his own choice, so fair play to him :thup:

If you mean they shouldn't feel pressured into it then I definitely agree with you, however I'd say that it's also important for (especially younger) people who might be struggling with their sexuality or being bullied about it etc. to have high profile people coming out and having pride in who they are and showing that it's normal, so those people might feel some responsibility to come out for that reason. Also it's good for them to have representation in society and the media and that.

Only realised in the last few years ... isn't that guy like 30?!

Find that quite shocking, and a bit creepy tbh.

Why? You often see people coming out later on in life, even if they have a wife and kids. For some people it changes, you're not definitely one thing for the rest of your life.

Man, I'm not even going to pretend to understand, but I just find that troubling.

Got to suck for the woman that has committed herself, and be kind of weird for the kids too, no?!

Besides I thought the idea is that your born that way, or at least that is what the argument is.

Seems strange to me.

If you mean they shouldn't feel pressured into it then I definitely agree with you, however I'd say that it's also important for (especially younger) people who might be struggling with their sexuality or being bullied about it etc. to have high profile people coming out and having pride in who they are and showing that it's normal, so those people might feel some responsibility to come out for that reason. Also it's good for them to have representation in society and the media and that.

I meant about them feeling pressured :thup:, if they choose to come out, then good for them. I agree with all this.