Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Could Clattenburg have played advantage and then gone back to give Dier a second yellow? Or does play have to stop? I know its the first one on FIFA

Yes, he could and should have done that.

My mistake its actually the latter on FIFA, hence the question

Can't get over that Dier tackle at the end going unpunished. :lol:

True.

I thought Lamelas was the worst of the incidents. Clearly needs to get a suspension. As for Walker and Rose I'm not sure. Walker did what Costa always does and never gets charged for and Rose I feel didn't actually aim to push Hiddink over.

Dembele's eye gouge was miles worse than the Lamela stamp. Still absolutely ridiculous he isn't going to get a ban for it though

Fair enough, I haven't seen a proper picture of it, but Lamela goes in and steps on Fabregas on purpose

True.

I thought Lamelas was the worst of the incidents. Clearly needs to get a suspension. As for Walker and Rose I'm not sure. Walker did what Costa always does and never gets charged for and Rose I feel didn't actually aim to push Hiddink over.

Dembele's eye gouge was miles worse than the Lamela stamp. Still absolutely ridiculous he isn't going to get a ban for it though

Fair enough, I haven't seen a proper picture of it, but Lamela goes in and steps on Fabregas on purpose

Bit of a difference between stepping on someone's hand and eye gouging someone like :lol:

Mustn't have been much fuss about it in the papers this week.

:lol: thinking back to when they were trying to get Shelvey banned for Enner Valencia running into him.

Ray Stubbs didn't see it either.

Dembele & Alli out wouldve been good news 2 weeks ago. But really we should be looking at atleast Lamela and Dier in addition.

It would have only been a second yellow for Dier and he would have only been banned for 1 game.

True.

Bit of a difference between stepping on someone's hand and eye gouging someone like :lol:

Stamping on someones hand is worse imo. At least Costa hopefully has the normal involuntary reflexes of closing the eyes before so shouldn't hurt much. Stepping/stamping on someones hand with football shoes hurts as hell.  ;)

It would have been an easy decision for Clattenburg to send him off for two yellows given that he'd already been booked, personally I thought it was an absolutely certain straight red.

It would have been an easy decision for Clattenburg to send him off for two yellows given that he'd already been booked, personally I thought it was an absolutely certain straight red.

I thought Clattenburg had refereed the game rather well at the time,  letting two teams of cunts get on with it.

Of course you would have thought that retrospective action would have been used on half the Tottenham side; compare some of those incidents to ones we've been pulled for in the past.

It all made for some quality entertainment, though  :lol:

Is it fair to say Pep Guardiola failed at Bayern Munich?

I think it's fairer to say that he's nowhere near the finished article with all the hype he's got. Still has some weaknesses that he'll need to figure out. Not sure going to Man City will help tbh.

I think it's fairer to say that he's nowhere near the finished article with all the hype he's got. Still has some weaknesses that he'll need to figure out. Not sure going to Man City will help tbh.

Also agree, he's won everything at Barca, but any half decent manager/ex Barca player would have done with the team he had in my opinion. I would still put managers like Hiddink above him, and call me crazy, even Rafa.

I think so but I also think their team in terms of individual players isn't as good as it was under Heynches or the first two years of Pep. Losing Robben for big Champions League games in the last few years has also been an enormous loss as he was their main matchwinner in big games under Heynches