Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Tbh I'm off to digital most weekends to discuss the best role for Ayoze PEREZ

My mate used to sing "Are Villa getting the best, the best, the best of Aaron Hughes" whenever Best Of You by Foo Fighters came on. Aaron was doing a canny lot of benchwarming at Villa at the time, although it never developed into a full conversation about his merits with anyone.

My mate used to sing "Are Villa getting the best, the best, the best of Aaron Hughes" whenever Best Of You by Foo Fighters came on. Aaron was doing a canny lot of benchwarming at Villa at the time, although it never developed into a full conversation about his merits with anyone.

:lol:

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  2m2 minutes ago

Five burning Newcastle United issues that WILL be spoken about in the pubs and clubs of Tyneside http://bit.ly/1DwyJLI  #NUFC

Love discussing football in nightclubs, me.

More than likely referring to places such as the Labour Club and Companions Club tbh.

Fair enough. Never been in either but if the clientele are anything like what I experienced on my one trip to Sunniside Club, there won't be much of a discussion going on.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=653964668054545

One of my favourites I've seen on Grass Roots Goals, so nonchalant.

You not seen the overhead kick that I shared yet, man. Absolutely unreal.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=653707694746909&set=vb.615532161897796&type=2&theater

Aye I did, that's what made me look at the related videos.  Some great stuff on there.

Guest firetotheworks

"It's times like these, ah wish ah haaad a car."

Amazing :lol:

:lol: He'll be pleased for the recognition.  Just used to come out with random football bollocks with varying degrees of sense and success.  He realised he was having a piss next to Shola in Jesmond once, finished pissing then went "Areet Shola.  I'm just off to get a Milner burger".  Shola understandably looked fairly perplexed.

BBC Sport set to lose Football League highlights rights to Channel 5

BBC Sport will receive a hammer blow on Monday, the morning after their flagship Sports Personality of the Year show, with news they have lost Football League highlights rights to Channel 5.

The Football League are due to announce a three-year deal with C5 for all their divisions plus the Capital One Cup, starting next season.

C5 won the contract with an estimated offer of £2million a year, which was marginally better than the BBC’s, and a pledge to screen their show at 9pm on Saturday.

This was seen by the Football League as a far better way to promote their product than being put in the graveyard slot after Match of the Day, even if there is more cache in having the Beeb as rights-holders.

And certainly Saturday prime-time for the Football League will not bring the derogatory chants of ‘Thursday nights, Channel 5’ that greeted teams dropping out of the Champions League into the C5-screened Europa League.

Meanwhile, the nightmare scenario facing the BBC is that the loss of their Football League contract will be followed next February with ITV outbidding them for their prized Premier League highlights.

That is the likely outcome, with ITV having money to spend on football after losing the Champions League and the FA Cup, but not enough for live Premier League packages.

Gary Lineker and Co would then be left with only the FA Cup and the major tournaments they share with ITV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2873856/BBC-Sport-lose-Football-League-highlights-rights-Channel-5-hammer-blow.html

Guest firetotheworks

I'm trying to imagine the dosage of antidepressants I'll need if I have to listen to Clive Tyldesley and Peter fucking Drury prattling on with Andy Townsend every week.