Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Ridiculous way to approach U19 football. "I've gone for a physical side and runners" FFS. Sure Scotland will be grateful for that in 5 years time.

At some level though, results are important at this level. Going to European Championships would be a great experience for the youth players to play against the best of the continent, experience a real competitive atmosphere, and build relationships that could be vital if players ever reach the national team together. Of course, you can say that the inability to include Harper is just a representation of Sbragia's tactical deficiencies, which is probably correct tbf :lol:, but I don't think the mentality is necessarily incorrect.

Disgusting approach to youth football, should be sacked.

"In some cases, if it's going well, he can be a good luxury. And listen, Jack's time will come"

Sounds like someone we know also :lol:

Wow.

Ridiculous way to approach U19 football. "I've gone for a physical side and runners" FFS. Sure Scotland will be grateful for that in 5 years time.

At some level though, results are important at this level. Going to European Championships would be a great experience for the youth players to play against the best of the continent, experience a real competitive atmosphere, and build relationships that could be vital if players ever reach the national team together. Of course, you can say that the inability to include Harper is just a representation of Sbragia's tactical deficiencies, which is probably correct tbf :lol:, but I don't think the mentality is necessarily incorrect.

At that stage all that should matter is developing the kids talents, everything else is an after thought. at U21 level maybe because they are pro's at that point but anything else before that results shouldn't really be considered above development.

At that stage all that should matter is developing the kids talents, everything else is an after thought. at U21 level maybe because they are pro's at that point but anything else before that results shouldn't really be considered above development.

Like Baba says though, if they don't get results then the experience is limited.

Sbragia's outlook is appalling but you still have to build a team capable of winning at that level.

I forgot you can only win games with running.

It's the Scotland U-19s.

The reason we're stuck in this Scottish mess of s**** youth players being trained to be s**** and becoming s**** is because of this type of management. "We'll never win by playing properly, maybe if we run and tackle loads we'll not lose". It's an endless cycle of s***. They are just as likely to win by playing actual football, but the managers don't know how, so they claim it's just 'something they have to do'. Bullshit. Leaving the Real Madrid youth captain out is blood-boilingly f***ing annoying and stupid.

Disgusting approach to youth football, should be sacked.

"In some cases, if it's going well, he can be a good luxury. And listen, Jack's time will come"

Sounds like someone we know also :lol:

:lol: What the fuck is happening in British coaching.

It's the Scotland U-19s.

The reason we're stuck in this Scottish mess of s**** youth players being trained to be s**** and becoming s**** is because of this type of management. "We'll never win by playing properly, maybe if we run and tackle loads we'll not lose". It's an endless cycle of s***. They are just as likely to win by playing actual football, but the managers don't know how, so they claim it's just 'something they have to do'. Bullshit. Leaving the Real Madrid youth captain out is blood-boilingly f***ing annoying and stupid.

Aye I agree, I was jurst jesting.

I don't agree with Mole that "at that stage all that should matter is developing the kids talents" though. At this stage all that should matter is qualifying, actually playing in Greece will be far more beneficial to player development than a qualifier against the Czech Republic. Spragia's way of going about it is obviously backwards and wrong like.

As if we'll start playing football when/if we get there? All he's doing is developing the next Greenock Morton midfielders of this world. We have Jack fucking Harper, one of the top young talents in the world, and he's been left out for shite, minging guys from Dunfermline and that. Sick.

It's the Scotland U-19s.

Aye I agree, I was jurst jesting.

I don't agree with Mole that "at that stage all that should matter is developing the kids talents" though. At this stage all that should matter is qualifying, actually playing in Greece will be far more beneficial to player development than a qualifier against the Czech Republic. Spragia's way of going about it is obviously backwards and wrong like.

But you can't just turn it on and off. It's culturally ingrained. You give it your best go doing it the right way, if it doesn't work it isn't the end of the world. You'll do the same for the next tournament but better.

I haven't even said anything contrary to any of this, man, I've even said Spragia's decision is backwards, wrong and that his outlook is appalling :lol:

All I was saying was that results aid development at that level so you still have to pick a team you feel is best for each fixture. It's a bit of a moot point with Scotland and Spragia but I wasn't solely talking about those, just in general. Again, here Spragia's decision is obviously backwards and wrong and his outlook is appalling.

IN generally there's way too much focus on winning in grassroots football. Up until about 18, the biggest, fastest and strongest teams will win.

My goodness.

I absolutely agree 100% with this. The problem, or one of, is that kids go onto full size pitches way too early here.