Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Should all be made to play with that all-surface dimpled Mitre ball nowadays, tbh.

http://images.mitre.com/images/mitre-super-dimple-football-p606-3341_thumb.jpg

Hurts just to look at it.

:lol: is that not a medicine ball?

It might as well be :lol: I was nearly knocked unconscious once having that blasted in my jaw.

Guest antz1uk

Should all be made to play with that all-surface dimpled Mitre ball nowadays, tbh.

ouch!!  :lol: :lol: they might as well have been made of steel!

:lol: is that not a medicine ball?

It might as well be :lol: I was nearly knocked unconscious once having that blasted in my jaw.

Oooof. Getting that f***er in the groin on a cold night. I can still feel the pain.

I remember taking a mitre to the face the day after I'd had my brace tightened. :anguish: Sheer agony.

I once hit a lass* with braces in at school. Worst thing I've ever done. The girls were pretty stupid standing behind the goals, like. But still; I felt awful.

*With a football.

I remember taking a mitre to the face the day after I'd had my brace tightened. :anguish: Sheer agony.

I once hit a lass* with braces in at school. Worst thing I've ever done. The girls were pretty stupid standing behind the goals, like. But still; I felt awful.

*With a football.

I remember my teacher in Year 4 trying to ban us from playing football in the yard cos some stupid lass decided to play with her skipping rope right behind the goal area of the clearly marked out pitch and got belted in the face with a caser. This resulted in about 15 of us who refused to leave our desks at playtime until they'd reconsider, the head even came in and started booting off at us for not going outside when asked :lol:

*With a football.

jill is a lass

http://www.soccerballworld.com/images/adidas_tango_durlast_1978.JPG

We used to have a kick about with one of these for years. The ball was an absolute dream.

Connect with a perfect volley and it was a goal every time,pointless the keeper even trying tbh.

Brings back fond memories of the beautiful game,not the shit that we see now  :lol:

Don't think I ever had a branded football, just dodgy ones from local sports shops where the hexagons fell off one by one. And possibly cut you as they came loose and flapped about. A ball wasn't done with until it was basically a cloth bag with no panels around it at all :lol:

Don't think I ever had a branded football, just dodgy ones from local sports shops where the hexagons fell off one by one. And possibly cut you as they came loose and flapped about. A ball wasn't done with until it was basically a cloth bag with no panels around it at all :lol:

Could get great curl on them when they reached that state. Uncontrolable but it looked great when it worked.

Cut my forehead on one of those flaps one time taking a header on a rainy day.

Nah, the ball would last until the orange balloon thing inside burst/stuck out like a hernia.

Got one of these for Christmas along with a pair of Reusch keeper gloves and a goal for the back garden. Best Christmas ever.

http://www.lovelfc.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/profimedia-0001962736.jpg

A proper football.

:megusta:

Those little chevrons, remember always drawing them on when I drew footballs, they're just part what a ball is.

Guest firetotheworks

There was something weirdly special about a Mitre Delta like. It's probably just me thinking that my generation is the best though. The France '98 ball was brilliant as well like, as I said before. It was just before they started going akka with them and they started swerving all over the place, but you could still get loads of curl on it.

This one?

B4DAiIwIEAALL9u.jpg

This one?

B4DAiIwIEAALL9u.jpg

Ar memories man.

Get off me ball man, you'll pure egg it man!