Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32024808

Dyke putting in more stringent work-permit restrictions, largely based on FIFA rankings. If a player's country isn't in the top 50 (70 at first), he won't ever be allowed to play in England. :lol:

he's putting his faith in a system as blatantly incompetent and incomprehensible as the FIFA rankings............I look forward to the first club saying screw this and taking the fa to court should be amusing. Also kinda pointless unless he invents a way around EU law

Dyke putting in more stringent work-permit restrictions, largely based on FIFA rankings. If a player's country isn't in the top 50 (70 at first), he won't ever be allowed to play in England. :lol:

he's putting his faith in a system as blatantly incompetent and incomprehensible as the FIFA rankings............I look forward to the first club saying screw this and taking the fa to court should be amusing. Also kinda pointless unless he invents a way around EU law

It's only for those outside the EU like.

Keep wankers like the Japanese, Aussies, Norwads and Turks out. Not too mention shitehawks like Solano.

while the vast majority of non english players have eu passports. This kind of thing I do rather despise as its pretending to do something that will help the england team get back on track and win the world cup (it won't) while actively not addressing the actual problems (lets say just how much the fa charge for those uefa coaching badges, fine for a professional club to foot the bill, grassroots not so much)

Yes, probably should have mentioned that.

When the threshold drops to 50, it'll exclude Japan, South Korea, Australia, South Africa, Paraguay, Morocco and I assume Norway and Turkey amongst many others (most of Africa).

Hard to see the Premier League clubs voting for it. I'd imagine most of them are desperate to see the work permit laws relaxed so they can start hoovering up South American talent with a view to spitting 99% of them out at 21.

also this is worth noting

A player will have to have been registered with his club from the age of 15 - down from 18 - to qualify as 'home-grown'.

The minimum number of home-grown players in a club's first-team squad of 25 will increase from eight to 12, phased over four years from 2016.

At least two home-grown players must also be 'club-trained' players - defined as any player, irrespective of nationality, that has been registered for three years at their club from the age of 15.

and the agents of mediocre english players rejoiced as their clients just got a significant boost in transfer value

Our work permit rules are quite strict in anycase, ridiculous rule.

It's definitely ridiculous. Players'll just go to Belgium or another country first, where they hand out citizenship after a few years, and then they'll come to the Prem.

It seems to me your FA is going the completely wrong way in order to address your national team's issues. Imposing squad slots for English players is going to help out the Steven Taylors of the world rather than the Aaronses. Good players will always succeed; reform should come at a lower level, imho.

I've never been bothered about having English players. If we can get cheaper, better players from abroad then so be it. It's down to our ridiculous TV deals and stupid foreign players rules that English player prices are so stupidly inflated - and why do we get big TV deals? People want to watch players like Aguero, Di Maria, Hazard, Toure, Mata, Van Persie etc etc.

If every team could only use home-grown players England would be nowhere near the top. English football is f***ed, we rely on the foreigners.

Instead of imposing stupid quotas that will inflate the price of domestic players, pump money into grassroots so we have more coaches and produce more good players. Stupidly backward way of doing it; look at Russia and Turkey who have similar quotas and has done nothing to increase the number of young players coming through.