Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Mel's a full on racist like, a little too hardcore for my liking and he's not old enough to get away with it. It would be great if David Attenbourgh was caught on camera yelling a racist slur at an Elephant or something, he'd go straight to the top of my list.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's getting a bit ridiculous like. Not this case in particular, but just the whole grief junkies thing. We're still clapping on 17 minutes as well, respect should be a private choice.

Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak  · 4m4 minutes ago 

The Premier League has announced that the French national anthem 'La Marseillaise' will be played ahead of all matches this weekend

Incredibly thick and short-sighted decision for about a million reasons. Can't believe it's actually come to this. Actually, I can. This is ONLY being done for that extra publicity it brings the PL, and nowt else. Embarrassing.

The Premier League has announced that the French national anthem 'La Marseillaise' will be played ahead of all matches this weekend

Incredibly thick and short-sighted decision for about a million reasons. Can't believe it's actually come to this. Actually, I can. This is ONLY being done for that extra publicity it brings the PL, and nowt else. Embarrassing.

I think that's overly cynical like, I think it's just a matter of something being suggested and everyone being like "aye, that's exactly what we SHOULD do" and noone will criticise it in fear of looking like the uncaring arsehole in the room.

It happens all the time, instead of showing your sympathies with a small gesture we have to go right over the top.

Guest firetotheworks

Yeah, grief has definitely become this sort of collective, extroverted show of introversion like, it's really false.

There's something beautifully poignant about a minute's silence at a football match imo. Not anywhere near mawkish or attention seeking enough these days though. I've absolutely no doubt that if the death toll were less than 90, they'd be asking for another minute of applause.

I can't believe this.