Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

If you're a tryhard English who is when it comes down to it s**** to middling, you'll be let off.

This isn't true. Parker & Milner had the crowds on their back for a lack of ability, creative flair and they worked their socks off. Until Ashley came and made people believe we where total shit and lucky to be in the division the SJP crowd was very rough. Players that tried hard and didn't hide but didn't have great ability on the ball often got some stick. Looking backing they would be better served doing a Jenas (hiding, not take responsibility) or a Dyer (feign injury). Actually, it's best to hide and somehow work hard ala Colback

Both of those players were employed creatively when they were criticised. Parker was universally loved when he was more of a defensive midfielder in his first season, Milner was a right winger who only looked any good when he moved to Villa and was played in the middle.

Have rarely seen a player act so disinterested on the pitch as many times as him over the course of the last year. Genuinely disgusting lack of effort at times, not that he's alone.

He'll then have his 1 game in 10 and we get the whole ironic 'hur hur lazy twat' routine. He gets additional stick because the daft lad can be unstoppable.

If I had the time or the inclination I could make an absolutely shocking video showcasing Sissoko's laziness. It really is pathetic and usually happens when we're behind. I think he's a big reason why we completely capitulate in a lot of games.

He's rarely lazy going forward, even when we are behind, but has zero interest in defending even the slightest bit at times.

This is not a question of talent or a belief that midfielders should defend first. It's all about effort.

Disco hates people calling out Sissoko on his laziness like. Not sure why, he's an absolute disgrace at times.

Didn't mention Sissoko but you can add him to a list of N'Zogbia, Robert and Ginola who all got people's backs up despite their being far shitter players on the field.

Disco hates people calling out Sissoko on his laziness like. Not sure why, he's an absolute disgrace at times.

Didn't mention Sissoko but you can add him to a list of N'Zogbia, Robert and Ginola who all got people's backs up despite their being far shitter players on the field.

Is frustration amongst fans not fairly natural when talented players actively put nee effort in?

Is frustration amongst fans not fairly natural when talented players actively put nee effort in?

Hyperbole aside no but give me any of the names mentioned above over shite try hard tubthumpers like Colback and whoever else we've had over the years.

Hyperbole aside no but give me any of the names mentioned above over shite try hard tubthumpers like Colback and whoever else we've had over the years.

Doesn't even feel like Colback tries that hard, it's a bit similar to Alan Smith. If they are British, centre midfielders and lunge into tackles you'll automatically be considered hard working.

To clarify its not the English defensive style players I don't like; David Batty is one of my favourite ever players. It's players who try and play that and similar roles, fail miserably and get lauded anyway.

Guest firetotheworks

The crowd like a good tackle that results in a throw in to the opposition though, none of that being ball greedy shite for them.