Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

The 3pm blackout should remain. Strong attendences is a competitive advantage of the league and should be protected.

People will still go to games though, the league is strong enough without needing protection.

It's not the Premier League that the rule is there to protect.

Why should you protect the lower league attendances though? Let people do what they want man, they'll just find other ways to watch the games anyway. Couple of years ago, every 3pm PL game was streamed legally over here, but a couple of years ago they threw a hissy fit and decided that we can only have one shown live. Move with the times man.

Why should you protect the lower league attendances though? Let people do what they want man, they'll just find other ways to watch the games anyway. Couple of years ago, every 3pm PL game was streamed legally over here, but a couple of years ago they threw a hissy fit and decided that we can only have one shown live. Move with the times man.

Decent pay for players and other staff, more money for the smaller clubs, community spirit, just a few reasons

Why should you protect the lower league attendances though?

Is this a serious question?

England has a football structure far deeper than any in world football and it should be kept that way as much as possible.

If "moving with the times" means getting more money into the hands of the Premier League clubs and less to the hundreds of others down the pyramid, then I'll stick to being a dinosaur.

Shocking opinion.

England has a football structure far deeper than any in world football and it should be kept that way as much as possible.

If "moving with the times" means getting more money into the hands of the Premier League clubs and less to the hundreds of others down the pyramid, then I'll stick to being a dinosaur.

:thup: hear hear. The less money going to PL the better regardless of the source or reason.

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article6578857.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Cameron-gives-the-thumbs-up-to-George-Osborne.jpg

Definitely a serious question, as in people should have a choice what, where and how they want to watch and not be limited and told that they should watch this or that. There are ways to distribute the TV money down to the lower leagues if you want to protect the wages of lower league clubs, though I do realise that the greedy PL won't like to share the wealth.

Absolutely.

I agree completely. :thup:

I love going to non-league and do so even though I could stay home and watch a match on the TV instead, but others aren't so easily convinced. I'd hate to see it change.

So many on here complain about the "nanny state", yet most are in favour of keeping the ridiculous ban on showing football on TV.

It's not a "ban" though is it, there's more football on TV now than at any time in history. It's a rule which is there to help maintain the proud structure of English football.

It's like complaining that you can't see the new Star Wars movie on TV from the day of release - "I should be able to watch what I want, when I want, so why is there this ridiculous ban on new movies being televised immediately?" - well because without such a rule, the whole cinema industry collapses.

There are ways to distribute the TV money down to the lower leagues if you want to protect the wages of lower league clubs, though I do realise that the greedy PL won't like to share the wealth.

The money isn't what's important to lower/non league clubs, it's people turning up on a Saturday afternoon.

I love going to non-league and do so even though I could stay home and watch a match on the TV instead, but others aren't so easily convinced. I'd hate to see it change.

Indeed, especially kids. You wouldn't immediately see a massive change in attendances if the rule was reversed tomorrow but over time as kids grow up used to top flight football freely available instead of watching their local side, the effect would be enormous.