Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

If the argument is that the next generation wouldn't go to matches because they were available on TV, it's a shit argument. Pretty much anyone with any sort of know how can get an illegal stream of the 3pm PL matches if they fancy. This will no doubt increase in the future with the likes of kodi becoming much more prevalent among people. Televise the games, cash in the money, spend the money on grassroots. Simples. We do it over here and even matches played in the league below our main league get every match be available and some of those teams play in the middle of fucking nowhere. If we didn't televise matches, my hometowns local team would have been bankrupt a decade ago.

That said, we also have a betting monopoly where all the money people lose go to grassroot sports rather than rich companies, and I still choose to use Unibet.

The only real issue is that the money generated from 3pm televised matches would be grabbed by only PL clubs rather than used on the smaller clubs. If this could be solved there's no issues left. No young cunts will go to the shitty ass local matches in the future anyways, they want instant gratification and Manchester Uniteds, no time for Salford Citys.

Just televise the fucking matches, everyone can already watch every match in HD if they so please.

People who want to watch football?

They know where the/a ground is. If you want to see a concert, buy a ticket. If you want to see a film, buy a ticket. Why should football be any different? Not everything needs beaming into living rooms for the benefit of the lazy and the spoilt.

You should be able to follow your team however you want it. Loads of people can't make it to the game be it for financial or other reasons, give them the option of watching it at home, surely? Any fan knows that it's better to watch the game live than on TV, but it's simply not an option for everyone, especially for away games. I wouldn't go and watch another football game that I have no interest in just because my team isn't televised.

Using your concert example, if I couldn't make it to a concert, say it was sold out, I wouldn't go and buy a ticket for some other band that I don't like just because I wanted to go to a concert.

There's far more at stake than an individual not being able to watch next week's match. Big deal. It's difficult enough for lower league clubs to tempt kids away from just getting a Man City shirt without making it vastly moreso for them. TV greed has done enough damage to the structure of football right across Europe, I'm shocked that so many people want to see the Premier League get richer at the expense of the English pyramid. The depth of it is by far and away the best thing about football in this country.

I agree.

And I think it does make a difference, at least for now. Illegal online streams are nightmare, so shit I often give up on them, if it's on telly I'm definitely watching. When I lived in Cambridge I used to go and watch Cam United regularly when we were playing, I wouldn't/didn't if we were on the telly.

Pretty much anyone with any sort of know how can get an illegal stream of the 3pm PL matches if they fancy. This will no doubt increase in the future with the likes of kodi becoming much more prevalent among people. Televise the games, cash in the money, spend the money on grassroots.

agree with Wullie's sentiment entirely but there's an element of having to move with the times here and the above is what i think, a phasing in of televising everything with a guarantee of significant increased funding to lower divisions, grassroots and kids football

most of the problem in england, as wullie rightly says, is that the money just stays concentrated in the hands of a few top tier professional clubs so if that were the likely outcome then nah i'd be inclined to say fuck off

Seems most people that support 3PM TV games don't live in Englandor at least live close to Newcastle.

I guess I'm of the core opinion it's not someone's right to be able to watch all of their teams games on TV.  Get a season ticket and go to away games. If you really want to watch all your teams games you can anyway.  But most people don't care or know how to enough. 

I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are going to lower league games could quite easily watch a 3PM Premier League match at a pub if they were so inclined. I think the lower league damage train left the station about 20 years ago.

How many pubs show 3PM PL games? How many clubs show 3PM football league games? None of which are the same as your living room.

Considering you're a palace fanboy, I'm surprised you don't know about the plethora of pubs in Thornton Heath, Penge, South Norwood, Norbury and so on that show 3pm games

I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are going to lower league games could quite easily watch a 3PM Premier League match at a pub if they were so inclined. I think the lower league damage train left the station about 20 years ago.

How many pubs show 3PM PL games? How many clubs show 3PM football league games? None of which are the same as your living room.

Considering you're a palace fanboy, I'm surprised you don't know about the plethora of pubs in Thornton Heath, Penge, South Norwood, Norbury and so on that show 3pm games

Would rather just go to Selhurst Park