Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/11/leicester-city-no-fairytale-claudio-ranieri

Good article. Leicester's success even if beyond any expectations isn't some magic fairy tale, they nurtured talent and everything clicked. It is an embarrassment to the cack handed way the rest of the league has gone about football and should embarrass everyone. The "top" teams haven't been up to much for a while, this has been clear by how easily they have been swatted aside in europe.

Market pool money (derived from the sale of CL TV rights to a given country) is split between teams depending on their performance. Juventus took the lion's share of Italy's because other teams underperformed. We had to split with Atlético and Real Madrid which got deep into the competition.

Market pool money (derived from the sale of CL TV rights to a given country) is split between teams depending on their performance. Juventus took the lion's share of Italy's because other teams underperformed. We had to split with Atlético and Real Madrid which got deep into the competition.

Got it. Cheers

For what its worth, Polic's link doesn't include Tan's best lines from today

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/11/vicent-tan-cardiff-shoot-ugly-men-beautiful-wives

“I gave them a pep talk and said they have got to start shooting,” he told Wales Online. “Have you seen ugly men walking around with a very beautiful wife? Well that’s because they’ve asked 30, 40, 50 times before getting a ‘yes’.

“On the other hand, you’ll see a handsome man ask once, get a ‘no’ in response and that’s it. So the more you try, the more success you’ll have. We need a lot more goal attempts, we’ll score more and win games. Not only that, the fans will love it, too.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/feb/11/leicester-city-no-fairytale-claudio-ranieri

Good article. Leicester's success even if beyond any expectations isn't some magic fairy tale, they nurtured talent and everything clicked. It is an embarrassment to the cack handed way the rest of the league has gone about football and should embarrass everyone. The "top" teams haven't been up to much for a while, this has been clear by how easily they have been swatted aside in europe.

Well yes but there is an element of luck, circumstances and the feel good factor surrounding them.

I take a bit of exception to 'they’re a model to be copied and learnt from' in the article and your bolded bit, because essentially they've signed some PL experienced if not stand out players, gambled a bit on cheap talent from abroad (which have obviously turned out to be amazing signing) and have ridden the good feeling of the end of last season into this, with a manager who has been wise enough not to mess with anything that would disrupt that and giving the tactics a couple of tweaks here and there to get even more out of them. The best thing they've done is sign players which immediately fit into the style of play they were already playing,which apart from us isn't that rare I don't think.

Maybe fairytale is the wrong word but this is a unique set of circumstances which have come together to produce a very effective team full of confidence and not something any of the other 13 teams outside the traditional top six can just look at and reproduce.

Plenty of teams have tried to sign a balance of PL experience, take risks on cheap foreign talent and put in decent managers, and they haven't received the great rolls of the dice that Leicester have with Kante and Mahrez etc.

Remember there were plenty of fans of other clubs saying we were a great model to follow after the 5th season, getting green eyed over Ba, Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa. But we haven't really changed our transfer policy much until this window, we just got better rolls of the dice that season.

:lol: it does have a lot of beautiful places and interesting culture, but as soon as a single man tells me he's going on holiday to Thailand I instantly think the worst and think 5-10% less of him.

Dirty ol' radgies.

You can only go to Thailand on holiday if you're a dating couple tbh. A single man or a group of friends and they're obviously all sex pests.

You do see some reet dirty owld codgers in Thailand like, saying that I'd be exactly the same. If some young lass wants to lick me hoop for a Solero she's more than welcome.

There's a lad who plays darts in our league who goes over all the time and tells us some mental stories about what you can get from a hooker for the equivalent of a tener. Horrifying stuff. I couldn't not listen.

You do see some reet dirty owld codgers in Thailand like, saying that I'd be exactly the same. If some young lass wants to lick me hoop for a Solero she's more than welcome.

There's a lad who plays darts in our league who goes over all the time and tells us some mental stories about what you can get from a hooker for the equivalent of a tener. Horrifying stuff. I couldn't not listen.

Yeah.  Some muppet from round my way has a Thai bride and used to go over there all the while.  Only about 3-4 years older than me and all.  Some of the stuff he would tell you is a bit f***ing twisted, like.