Steve Harper's Testimonial - Newcastle XI V Arsenal 19/05/2013 - 4pm KO (on Sky)

Fenham Mag

Stevie Harper is going to have a stormer like. In all seriousness though, hope he gets the send off he deserves. I have nothing but respect for the man and it will be a somewhat sad day. Not seeing Harper on the bench or near the squad will be a weird thing to see.

HTL.  Lets exit this s**** season with something to cheer at least.

4-0 home win, Ben Arfa (2), Cisse, Sissoko

you know there's a reason he's not played the past few games?

Yep, Pards is going to discover powers of motivation the likes of which have never been known to man.  He will heal the sick with his words, he will feed and clothe the poor.  Moussa will walk again and score and we will all bask in the glory of Arsenal defeated.

I think back to that Chelsea game where the french lads made their home debuts. Probably the best overall performance from us this season and we were even missing a few, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Maveaux(sub).

Just goes to show we can put in a performance when we're up for it although a lot of it could be put down to Sissoko and Gouffran giving us a big breath of fresh air.

This. I think Coloccini makes a massive difference to the defence. Plus, confidence plays a part. Chelsea were on a bad run at that time and we had the momentum of some new signings. As soon as we lose a game, it seems we cant get out of the rut. We need 2 draws before another win.

The mental side of the game is absolutely massive, which is why a negative spiral is so hard to stop and a positive trend is easy to keep going.

Last season we would always bounce back from a couple of defeats and we never let it become a rut. For me the most interesting thing would be to find out what the factors are in that difference.

Perhaps the players were burned out by the extra travel and games, plus most of our stars played in Summer tournaments. I think playing in the euros really took it out of Cabaye.

I think there is a lot of truth in that, and the lack of preparation time. I just didn't want to post it because I might get slammed for sympathising.

yeah i guess you will get slammed ,Chelski have played 69 games by the end of the season and we will have played 54 and i believe we have used more players but i will stand to be corrected .We can use every excuse we want to plaster over the cracks but tactics,formation and attitude have been wrong nearly all season.

I would take a tonking of biblical proportions if that would get Pardew sacked.

One never wants their team to lose, nor to see a long-serving player depart on a real downer (like, I dunno, being a keeper who concedes double figures) but I certainly understand the sentiment.

Defeat won't do it, but a real touching up in the final match might just leave Mike with a bitter taste in his mouth over summer...

Harperoid

Debuchy Taylor Coloccini Mbiwa

Marveaux Anita Cabaye

Ben Arfa Cisse Gouffran

Nowt to lose, lets see some sexy football all out attack  :naughty:

Guest icemanblue

Don't think we'll see Hatem in this, like. No reason to risk him now, if he's not 100%.

:lol:

"We've got a good record against Arsenal at home, and we take that into the game so we'll be in good confidence."

Out last 10 games against Arsenal at home:

2011/12: Drew 0-0

2010/11: Drew 4-4

2010/11: Lost 0-4

2008/09: Lost 1-3

2007/08: Drew 1-1

2006/07: Drew 0-0

2005/06: Won 1-0

2004/05: Lost 0-1

2003/04: Drew 0-0

Stevie Harper is going to have a stormer like.

Well, he'll sure as fuck have an opportunity to have a stormer. But whether he has one, or instead has to retire due to a back injury from all the bending down and picking the ball out of the net remains to be seen.

As for Ashley's gesture.... It's not that much of a gesture at all. Look at the league table. You can chuck a hat over the bottom half of the table. If we win, he'll make far more back in prize money than it'll cost him.