RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

But holy s***, JFK has the easiest job on earth.

Gomis, out in the cold, wants to come, cheap.

Bent, Out in the cold, knows Pardew. Cheap-ish.

Remy, relegated, seemingly wanted to join us in january. cheap-ish.

Not sure Gomis and Bent are good enough, but how f***ing hard can it be?

Could be really tricky if his budget is a couple of million.

Not sticking up for the doddery old git, just saying.

if he's budget is that low, he is surely after the wrong targets?

But holy s***, JFK has the easiest job on earth.

Gomis, out in the cold, wants to come, cheap.

Bent, Out in the cold, knows Pardew. Cheap-ish.

Remy, relegated, seemingly wanted to join us in january. cheap-ish.

Not sure Gomis and Bent are good enough, but how f***ing hard can it be?

Could be really tricky if his budget is a couple of million.

Not sticking up for the doddery old git, just saying.

Exactly. That article is shite, Douglas has no idea how much leeway JFK has to offer wages or transfer fees - a good guess would be none - so what he's done is stall Bent while we clearly pursue other high priority targets. Douglas is probably miffed that JFK won't talk to the local journos.

What's the prick actually done so far other than pulling out of a deal for Douglas, taking the piss out of Bent and going on holiday? Well worth all the ridicule and disarray.

What's the prick actually done so far other than pulling out of a deal for Douglas, taking the piss out of Bent and going on holiday? Well worth all the ridicule and disarray.

Forgot he tried to get Mick Harford in as his muscle. But aye, he has even less credibility now, than he was appointed (if that's possible) I will say though that I believe he is untouchable, under Ashley - regardless of what happens.

"The financial constraints at United, where the order of the summer has been to tighten belts to the point where the club is strained to breaking point, make life that bit more difficult. They have to act smart, to work subtly and sell the club properly. They have to be political and exploit any opportunity."

I don't understand why we are under such financial straint.  Boasts last season about how well the club were doing financially, "the biggest sponsorship deal in our history" and the huge increase in TV money means that we should easily be able to afford any of the 3 strikers we are after. 

Guest neesy111

"The financial constraints at United, where the order of the summer has been to tighten belts to the point where the club is strained to breaking point, make life that bit more difficult. They have to act smart, to work subtly and sell the club properly. They have to be political and exploit any opportunity."

I don't understand why we are under such financial straint.  Boasts last season about how well the club were doing financially, "the biggest sponsorship deal in our history" and the huge increase in TV money means that we should easily be able to afford any of the 3 strikers we are after. 

Ashley is taking money out of the club.

And yet people lap it up year upon year without seeing the contradiction.

This :thup:

Wasn't aware of that like. This been reported somewhere?

We are offering close to £7m for Gomis so that suggests there are funds available for the right player.

Well that is the logical conclusion.

Well that is the logical conclusion.

:lol:

If he's taking money out it suggests to me he's planning to sell in the next few years. It's not as if he's f***ing skint.

Aye, paying down that debt to himself so the total price he wants recouped for the club is lower overall.

Guest antz1uk

If he's taking money out it suggests to me he's planning to sell in the next few years. It's not as if he's f***ing skint.

Aye, paying down that debt to himself so the total price he wants recouped for the club is lower overall.

he doesn't take a salary from sports direct

If he's taking money out it suggests to me he's planning to sell in the next few years. It's not as if he's fucking skint.

He might just be applying the general principle of reducing the debt in the business and getting some sort of return on investment. Just because he doesn't personally need money, I don't think those principles disappear completely.

If he's taking money out it suggests to me he's planning to sell in the next few years. It's not as if he's fucking skint.

He might just be applying the general principle of reducing the debt in the business and getting some sort of return on investment. Just because he doesn't personally need money, I don't think those principles disappear completely.

he's a cunt ian :lol:

get on the bandwagon, it's so much easier, you'll like it over here on the bandwagon

TV money hasn't increased, it increases at the end of next season (end of 2013/2014 season to be clear).  Not sure why people keep assuming we have that money already.

Though yes I think we can afford any of the 3 strikers we've been after, considering we've offered £7m for Gomis.

he doesn't take a salary from sports direct

you forget about all of his investments? he's a ton of cash man - from liquid to real estate to his investments all over the world.

Guest neesy111

TV money hasn't increased, it increases at the end of next season.

It increases end of this season.