RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Never thought I'd say this but I'd love Freddie Shephed to come back now.

14/1 to be relegated next season. For those of us who are old enough to remember, this has got the feel of 88/89 all over it, with the management floundering from disaster to disaster to a backdrop of fan protests.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky 17s

Spoke to Joe Kinnear. 3 year contract at #nufc as director of football. Overseeing playing style and transfers.

I could cry.

That's bullshit. Don't believe that for a second, not after they gave Carr such a long deal last year.

8 year contract?

"I'm fit as a fiddle now. I've been working out in the gym - in best physical shape I've ever been in. Waiting for opportunity" #nufc

:jesuswept:

Fitter than when he was a player? :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/joe-kinnear-set-to-return-to-newcastle-as-director-of-football-8660850.html

His record was poor at best, having won just 5 of his 26 games in charge, but when he left the club they weren’t actually in the relegation zone. Ashley maintains that during his six years as owner of the Magpies, he is the best manager he has worked with.

His health will still be a worry to some though, having already suffered a heart attack when managing Wimbledon, and he has not had another footballing role since his last scare.

He is expected to take overall responsibility for the Academy and free up Llambias by taking on much of his administration work. He will also work closely with manager Alan Pardew in an attempt to improve on-field performances, and chief scout Graham Carr to help shape the first team squad.

God help us.