RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Beginning to buy into the theory of JFK being the hired hitman to take out Pardew.

Maybe there really wasn't a clause in his contract after all, and so there going to make him as uncomfortable as possible. Maybe there is a clause but Ashley doesn't even want to pay him the one year salary he's so damned cheap  :lol:

All that mouthing off about the owner making mistakes last summer, and wanting older English players, couldn't have made Ashley happy. Especially as it was increasingly clear Pardew was just so cack.

Not so sure JFK would take over either, think he's just come in to wind everyone up, and make it clear it would be untenable for Pardew to work under such circumstances.

Yes, it's a mighty big straw, but by God I'm clutching it!

I can now exclusively reveal who Joe's PR man is:

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/120/9a02792b0df3435cbab960b20b6c86fa/l.jpg

"I'm very friendly with the SAS"

TS: Joe, listen, thanks for coming on. Before I let you go, is there anything you would like to say to the Newcastle fans who perhaps don't don't back this decision?

JK: To all the Newcastle fans who don't do this decision then shall I bring Lambezi back? What do you want, what do they want? I heard that silly comment what can I attract. I can open the door to any football manager in the world, anyone.

That's the difference. I spend my whole life, picking up the phone, talking to Alex Ferguson, week in, week out, what would you do, what would you do? Pick the phone up at any time of day and speak to Arsene Wenger.

I can pick the phone up and speak to any manager in the league, any manager in all divisions. So I don't know what angle they've got. If they want to sit down and argue with me, some of them are talking out their backsides, a load of tosh and I'm not accepting it. It's as simple as that. I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure.

Did anyone actually hear this? I'm finding it hard to believe he really said this.

It's no wonder Ashley loves him, imagine the down right lies he's been telling him for years.

In Ashley's eyes he's just appointed the man responsible for England winning the World Cup, Manu appointing ferguson, finding messi in an orphanage, sorting out Pele's cock problems and inventing goal line technology.

TS: Joe, listen, thanks for coming on. Before I let you go, is there anything you would like to say to the Newcastle fans who perhaps don't don't back this decision?

JK: To all the Newcastle fans who don't do this decision then shall I bring Lambezi back? What do you want, what do they want? I heard that silly comment what can I attract. I can open the door to any football manager in the world, anyone.

That's the difference. I spend my whole life, picking up the phone, talking to Alex Ferguson, week in, week out, what would you do, what would you do? Pick the phone up at any time of day and speak to Arsene Wenger.

I can pick the phone up and speak to any manager in the league, any manager in all divisions. So I don't know what angle they've got. If they want to sit down and argue with me, some of them are talking out their backsides, a load of tosh and I'm not accepting it. It's as simple as that. I've certainly got more intelligence than them, that's for sure.

Did anyone actually hear this? I'm finding it hard to believe he really said this.

He did yes.

Even if he somehow manages to be a success, I don't care.  He's a complete embarrassment, and makes me feel ashamed to be a Newcastle fan.  There is no way he's a good ambassador for the club and if Ashley has any sense (which he obviously doesn't) he should ban him from talking to the media.

So he's selling himself as someone who can use a phone? :lol: :lol:

He probably invented the telephone.

I heard that when Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone he had four missed calls from Joe.

[/nicked]

Everyone except you :lol: The transcript doesn't do it justice. The emphasis and pride he placed on having the ability to pick up a phone was unbelievable/hilarious - depending on which side of maudlin and hysterical you were fluctuating on at the time.

Everyone except you :lol: The transcript doesn't do it justice. The emphasis and pride he placed on having the ability to pick up a phone was unbelievable/hilarious - depending on which side of maudlin and hysterical you were fluctuating on at the time.

:suicide:

Surely a few quid on Pardew to be first manager to go next season would be like practically free money?

No manager with an ounce of pride or self-respect is going to put up with reporting to Joe Fucking Kinnear.

You're right. But as we are talking about Pardew I think I'll put the money on another bet.