Sunderland

Nobody

PDC is signing too many players in one window. Can see them easily getting 10 in and almost as many out. Altidore is a good player if he can keep the form of AZ, but the others are simply not very good, like Mannone.

10 new signings seems to be too little. 8 already and couple of more close. He really is getting a whole new starting XI in this window. Gonna end up as a massive disaster.

4pm kick off for these lot  away is going to make for a fun day both at the SoL and in town. People are mortal enough by 12 on derby day. If we sign Bent and he scores against them the game will probably end up abandoned.

Bars won't be opening up early though.

They will.

PDC is signing too many players in one window. Can see them easily getting 10 in and almost as many out. Altidore is a good player if he can keep the form of AZ, but the others are simply not very good, like Mannone.

10 new signings seems to be too little. 8 already and couple of more close. He really is getting a whole new starting XI in this window. Gonna end up as a massive disaster.

What!? I'm not keeping count, but have they really signed 8 already? :lol:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Seriously hope all this buying and spending has a major backlash for them next season just like it did for QPR last.

The shite they're signing this close season certainly have more exotic sounding names than the shite they've bought in recent close seasons but aren't they really the type of players you'd expect Middlesbrough or Watford to be buying ?

Altidore, Peruzzi, Giaccherini and Huddlestone looks better than the dross they bought 2 weeks ago :( And who knows where they'll stop? They seem keen on getting Rose too. Still dont think these players would break into our XI but they'll not get relegated. We assume it'll go wrong in the end with Di Canio but I can see him bonding them well initially.....it really will be the two extremes with him.

They'll beat us home and away while finishing above us if we don't sign 2-3 players.

We need to get cracking preSeason starts soon, lets not allow it to be the disaster we had last summer.

They'll beat us home and away while finishing above us if we don't sign 2-3 players.

We need to get cracking preSeason starts soon, lets not allow it to be the disaster we had last summer.

Thing is, they've acknowledged that last summer was a disaster but are doing it again with the "We brought transfers forward in January" excuse. They really are thick as pig shit.

Thing is, they've acknowledged that last summer was a disaster but are doing it again with the "We brought transfers forward in January" excuse. They really are thick as pig shit.

They are using the fact we don't have Europe as a reason we will fare better this time round. The squad is a little better this time round, but we are still a main strike threat down in Ba and we will simply do fuck all if he's not replaced with at least one good goalscorer.

Fair play to the mackems, they are going about it in swift fashion and the names and talent keep getting better.

We're completely fucked though, there's no two ways about it and it's not because of our squad, at least not completely anyway. We're playing a waiting game now until Ashley finally goes. I just hope we don't get relegated and constantly bummed by Sunderland in the meantime.

The s**** they're signing this close season certainly have more exotic sounding names than the s**** they've bought in recent close seasons but aren't they really the type of players you'd expect Middlesbrough or Watford to be buying ?

had a similar conversation with a mackem yesterday. he compared their signings to cabaye,sissoko, m'biwa, debuchy, cisse....all well known really before they'd signed, I put it to him their signings were more like tiote and gouffran in that not many really had a clue who they were, so naturally blindness took over and he wandered off after assuring me that even without his having a clue who they'd signed he had full faith in the scouts/fascist to get in only quality.

Sunderland, Southampton, Swansea, Norwich. What the hell is going on? This new money is going a bit too far.

The same money Everton spent on 2 players for 10m?

:lol: :thup:

They also got Barca's next big thing ffs.

You wouldn't expect bottom half clubs like the 4 first clubs mentioned - Swansea excepted, though not by a million miles - to be spending the sort of money they are and bringing in the quality they are. We bought 3 Wigan players and a potential young gem on loan, which sort of equates to where we're at.

League is shaping up to be extraordinarily competitive this season.

According to the excellent Soccerway website, there have been 59 signings in the Premier League this summer (including those new players coming in on loan) and so at an average of around 3 per club this is how it breaks down;

7  Sunderland

6  Aston Villa

5  Hull

5  Swansea

4  Liverpool

4  Everton

4  Norwich

4  Fulham

3  Chelsea

3  West Ham

2  Crystal Palace

2  West Brom

2  Stoke

2  Man City

2  Man Utd.

1  Cardiff

1  Spurs

1  Southampton

1  Arsenal

0  Newcastle United

A bit of exaggeration because I think 1 or 2 are only improvement for the current mackem squad. Mannone to replace Mignolet defo not or are they going start with Westwood in goal?

No doubt it would be nice if we really managed to strengthen our squad as well but not blindfolded as Di Canio seems to be doing. A few up and coming youngsters for the developement team as well

The guy that acknowledged it was a disaster has left though.

Why is DiCanio doing it blindfolded?  :lol:

Man, I can't help but feel people are in for a rude awakening once the season kicks off.

Be very careful not to underestimate the changes being made at Sunderland. Particularly because their being done in very good time, and all these guys will be settled in well ahead of time.

I'm concerned.

Why is DiCanio doing it blindfolded?  :lol:

Man, I can't help but feel people are in for a rude awakening once the season kicks off.

Be very careful not to underestimate the changes being made at Sunderland. Particularly because their being done in very good time, and all these guys will be settled in well ahead of time.

I'm concerned.

You don't really see much proper integration with only pre-season games though, do you? It usually takes a while of competitive football.

Not that I know who any of their signings are really, so it's hard to comment.

According to the excellent Soccerway website, there have been 59 signings in the Premier League this summer (including those new players coming in on loan) and so at an average of around 3 per club this is how it breaks down;

7  Sunderland

6  Aston Villa

5  Hull

5  Swansea

4  Liverpool

4  Everton

4  Norwich

4  Fulham

3  Chelsea

3  West Ham

2  Crystal Palace

2  West Brom

2  Stoke

2  Man City

2  Man Utd.

1  Cardiff

1  Spurs

1  Southampton

1  Arsenal

0  Newcastle United

A bit of exaggeration because I think 1 or 2 are only improvement for the current mackem squad. Mannone to replace Mignolet defo not or are they going start with Westwood in goal?

No doubt it would be nice if we really managed to strengthen our squad as well but not blindfolded as Di Canio seems to be doing. A few up and coming youngsters for the developement team as well

So Sanogo accepts as a signing for Arsenal but Keman doesn't accept as one for us. System.

I'm not worried or envious, the majority of the the players they've bought aren't that good. They'll improve but I don't see them in top 10 with their current squad.

I honestly can't say if they are good or not. I'd only heard of the italian (has he signed ?) but didn't really know much about him., whereas i knew quite a bit about debuchy, cisse, sissoko, cabaye, mapou, when we signed them.