Sunderland

Nobody

Hithere seems canny enough.  Seems we just get a few knackas coming on who go all wireside eventually (a day is a bit short though, even slackjaw managed to hold it together for a few months).

In fairness some of the NUFC gobshites who get on RTG are proper fuckwits too.  We've got Barca, Liverpool, Everton, Benfica, Villa and fans of many other clubs on here and it's great to get their views on NUFC and football in general.  Seems a shame not to have a resident fan of our local rivals to contribute too.

Hithere seems canny enough.  Seems we just get a few knackas coming on who go all wireside eventually (a day is a bit short though, even slackjaw managed to hold it together for a few months).

In fairness some of the NUFC gobshites who get on RTG are proper fuckwits too.  We've got Barca, Liverpool, Everton, Benfica, Villa and fans of many other clubs on here and it's great to get their views on NUFC and football in general.  Seems a shame not to have a resident fan of our local rivals to contribute too.

Agreed, love different club perspectives.

i thought hithere went postal as well, he still floating about is he? 

Did he?  I must have missed that.

I don't think he has unless I missed it as well.

Aye fair few newcastle cocks on rtg.

Think I should maybe avoid this thread  :lol:

Avoid the forum. You clearly don't have any respect for us so why bother? Maybe you are sick of the inbred conversations on rtg, and I don't blame you, but coming here isn't the answer.

Because I didn't toe the forum line?  :lol:

Surely this place is for debate and conversation?

In the hallowed words of RTG........... Fuck off

Sunderland: Wes Brown like a new signing - Adam Johnson

Sunderland winger Adam Johnson has described defender Wes Brown's return to first-team action this summer as being "like a new signing".

Brown, 33, has not featured for the Black Cats since January 2012 because of a recurring knee injury.

But the former England international has been involved in Sunderland's pre-season campaign, scoring in the Asia Trophy match against Spurs.

"We've got a world-class defender back," Johnson told BBC Newcastle.

"He's been the best new signing we've had. Even though he's not a new signing, it has felt that way.

"It shows the type of player he is. We've seen how composed and top class he is and if we keep him fit we'll definitely be a stronger team."

Manchester-born Brown was brought to the Stadium of Light from Manchester United by ex-boss Steve Bruce in July 2011, but two injury-plagued seasons have limited him to just 22 starts.

The thought of Brown and O'Shea being their central defenders against current PL strikers, no proven full backs, a hotch-potch squad of new signings and a fascist loony in charge of it all would have me a bit concerned if I was a mackem.

What's the best odds for them to be relegated ?

That CB pairing would have very little pace.  It'll force them to play a deep backline otherwise anyone with any kind of speed at all will murder them.  Did they sign any centre backs in this window?  Might be more likely to see either Brown or O'Shea with one of the younger lads.

Guest WashyGeordie

That CB pairing would have very little pace.  It'll force them to play a deep backline otherwise anyone with any kind of speed at all will murder them.  Did they sign any centre backs in this window?  Might be more likely to see either Brown or O'Shea with one of the younger lads.

They bought that Diakité (only 83 games for Lazio in 5 years!) and on Wiki they've got 'Valentin Roberge' for CB aswell, but haven't got a clue who he is...

i thought hithere went postal as well, he still floating about is he?

I did what now?

Went mental marra, you were all letterbox this and wiring jaws that. I think you blacked out so probably don't remember it.

Can't believe Wes Brown is 33! That makes me feel old, because it seems like he's been around forever, but also young, because he's older than me. Weird!

If it makes you feel any better, He was on the bench for that famous 1999 Champions League final.