Sunderland

Nobody

Guest neesy111

Managerial brigade defending one of their own out in full force now regarding his sacking

That's Allardyce, Pardew and Bruce who have came out defending him.

Allardyce is always quick to bemoan managers getting sacked too quickly, and it's usually to cover his back, as he always fears getting yanked after a set of bad results because of his putrid football.

He knows if results falter, no fan will want to put up with any of it.

Some circles saying that PDC wasn't responsible for the mass recruitment over the summer and that their DOF/Agent was. Logical I suppose.

If true, then considering that the new recruits look pretty awful and Catts/Larsson/Gardner etc seem to be back in the fold, while top target Huddlestone ended up preferring Hull, the mackems might be doing themselves a favour by running him out of town too.

Some circles saying that PDC wasn't responsible for the mass recruitment over the summer and that their DOF/Agent was. Logical I suppose.

If true, then considering that the new recruits look pretty awful and Catts/Larsson/Gardner etc seem to be back in the fold, while top target Huddlestone ended up preferring Hull, the mackems might be doing themselves a favour by running him out of town too.

I find it hard to believe PDC had no involvement in the mass recruitment when that is exactly what happened at the only other club he has managed as well.

I find it hard to believe PDC had no involvement in the mass recruitment when that is exactly what happened at the only other club he has managed as well.

According to their pundit/commentator (Nick Barnes) on Total Sport earlier this week, apparently Di Canio told Di Fanti the type of players he wanted, and how he wanted the team to set-up and play, and then Di Fanti went out and found (presumably suitable) players, but Di Canio still had the final say whether said players were to be signed or not.

So, I'd guess Di Canio must have asked for (at least) 14 players, but Di Fanti and the italian scout went out and found the players to fit the request(s)?

According to their pundit/commentator (Nick Barnes) on Total Sport earlier this week, apparently Di Canio told Di Fanti the type of players he wanted, and how he wanted the team to set-up and play, and then Di Fanti went out and found (presumably suitable) players, but Di Canio still had the final say whether said players were to be signed or not.

So, I'd guess Di Canio must have asked for (at least) 14 players, but Di Fanti and the italian scout went out and found the players to fit the request(s)?

For me it went a bit like this:

'I really need a new sofa, it's imperative for the room I have one'

'Yes yes I understand and I'm working on a great leather one, in white, your favourite colour, but in the meantime have the vase and side table, also I've ordered some new curtains, they arrived tomorrow, see how quickly I do things'

'Very well, but the sofa must be of great quality'

'Of course, only the best for my compatriot, genuine italian leather, grand in scale and comfort, it will arrive in two weeks my friend'

3 weeks later a faux leather pullout sofa bed arrives from argos to go with the curtain that are too short, the chipped vase and the wonky side table.

Remember when the mackems got Bruce after we'd been linked with him a lot.  Anyone else?

GP may not even happen, short doesnt like him, di fanti is the one fighting his corner, short wants British.

Either way gp doesn't get full backing from the board, it's only a matter of time before the board splits and works its own agendas.

For me it went a bit like this:

'I really need a new sofa, it's imperative for the room I have one'

'Yes yes I understand and I'm working on a great leather one, in white, your favourite colour, but in the meantime have the vase and side table, also I've ordered some new curtains, they arrived tomorrow, see how quickly I do things'

'Very well, but the sofa must be of great quality'

'Of course, only the best for my compatriot, genuine italian leather, grand in scale and comfort, it will arrive in two weeks my friend'

3 weeks later a faux leather pullout sofa bed arrives from argos to go with the curtain that are too short, the chipped vase and the wonky side table.

I must say as an expert in the field, Im very impressed with your understanding of standards of Upholstery.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/di-matteo-not-keen-on-sunderland-but-has-eye-on-pardew-s-newcastle-job-1-6085627

Di Matteo not keen on Sunderland – but has eye on Pardew’s Newcastle job!

Published on the 26  September 2013 08:20

ROBERTO Di Matteo does not fancy the vacant Sunderland job – amid rumours he would prefer to be Newcastle United manager.

The former West Brom and Chelsea boss was installed as the early favourite to succeed Paolo di Canio when the Black Cats’ head coach was ousted from his job on Sunday night.

But the Swiss-born Italian is unconvinced that the bottom-of-the-league club is the right move for him next, in the wake of having led Chelsea to Champions League success in his previous job.

Di Matteo was surprisingly sacked by Roman Abramovich last November, having given the Blues the Champions League trophy and the FA Cup in his eight months in charge.

The 43-year-old has spent the last 10 months taking a break from the game and considering his next challenge, and sources close to the Italian suggest he does not see Sunderland as it.

There have though been rumours that Di Matteo feels that Alan Pardew’s job at Newcastle could soon come up, and he is biding his time for that position.

Di Matteo has links to Sunderland through Roberto De Fanti.

He is an acquaintance of the Black Cats’ Director of Football and De Fanti is believed to have seen Di Matteo as the obvious choice to succeed Di Canio.

But with Sunderland receiving no encouragement from the ex-Blues boss so far, the club is now casting its net far and wide.

No appointment is likely before the weekend with Kevin Ball expected to be in the dug-out for the game against Liverpool and the ex-skipper could also be in charge when Manchester United come to visit.

Owner Ellis Short reacted quickly in removing Di Canio after the player revolt on Sunday showed that relations between the head coach and his players had broken down beyond repair.

But that has not allowed the club any time to prepare and immediately install a successor.

Short had already concluded that the Italian had to go after the a dreadful start to the season culminated in the 3-0 defeat at West Brom on Saturday.

But he and the board thought they would have the breathing space of the Liverpool and Man United games to find the right replacement as head coach.

The current situation is not ideal but with Kevin Ball – a candidate for the job himself – doing a fine job as interim head coach, the club is still likely to take its time and consider all options before replacing Di Canio.

pardew (frantically adding a random amount of time to the period he's already been at NUFC): "well, oi fink ee should av got at leest faw yeers maayt, nowbody cawn be jawdged on less than faw yeers can they?"

no idea how to write in pardew, obviously

So you just wrote in Holloway instead?  :lol:

Poyet could just as easily end tits up.. but I think there is something about his teams so far, they all at least try and play flowing football although still quite direct. Id much rather Pulis went there.

Pretty funny with Di Matteo though, kudos there. Wouldn't surprise me if he has already been sounded out for us too :(  we should do much better.. At least its not kinnear.

Wow, after just a fleeting glance at the rtg shortbus since the fascist's peddling....It's obvious they do NOT handle criticism well. Whether you're a respected sports journo or an anonymous poster on an insignificant online forum, if you disagree with their agenda you are instantly a bedwetting kernt and a Mag WUM.

Did Benito manage to brainwash them after only 12 games (and 14 signings)?