Sunderland

Nobody

Guest reefatoon

They will now have their mind on the final, while playing even worse in the league, dropping points here, there and everywhere leading up to it. Be rock bottom, go into the final and get humped, then f*** up the rest of the season and get relegated, where they will vanish into non existence in the lower leagues for eternity.  Can't f***ing wait.

What a load of crap.

How come slack knackers?  Sounds just about perfect to me.

They will now have their mind on the final, while playing even worse in the league, dropping points here, there and everywhere leading up to it. Be rock bottom, go into the final and get humped, then f*** up the rest of the season and get relegated, where they will vanish into non existence in the lower leagues for eternity.  Can't f***ing wait.

What a load of crap.

I must say that it concerns me we might let the league form drop to concentrate on this now however to say it's a given that we'll go down is shit.

Don't get me wrong we're still right in the thick of it but it's incredibly tight at the bottom and we've only lost two of the last eleven. One of those being last night when we had a goal lead from the first leg. Still a week or so of the window left to bring someone in to strengthen too.

I trust Poyet and I've got a cup final to go to now.

I'll remember this season for the rest of my life even if we go down as I've never been to one before.

What a load of crap.

I must say that it concerns me we might let the league form drop to concentrate on this now however to say it's a given that we'll go down is s***.

Don't get me wrong we're still right in the thick of it but it's incredibly tight at the bottom and we've only lost two of the last eleven. One of those being last night when we had a goal lead from the first leg. Still a week or so of the window left to bring someone in to strengthen too.

I'll remember this season for the rest of my life even if we go down as I've never been to one before.

Out of interest and not to be taken as a dig but do you normally attend the games?

The galling thing about it is if we had gone through against man city, we'd have been an away game vs leicester and 2-legged tie vs west ham away from joining them. Now we just have to sit and watch. And presumably wait for the balance sheet to be released so we can gloat about it?!?  :dontknow:

What a load of crap.

I must say that it concerns me we might let the league form drop to concentrate on this now however to say it's a given that we'll go down is s***.

Out of interest and not to be taken as a dig but do you normally attend the games?

Season ticket holder til this season when I had to give it up for work. I've been to every game I could possibly attend this season and that includes all previous league cup ties. I couldn't get last night off work though.

I'm praying I can get a ticket which I'm willing to pay through the nose for. If I can't then I'll be gutted. Shit happens though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You only need to have attended one away game in the last three seasons to be eligible for a ticket apparently.

Guest The_Optimistic

personally going wembley means f*all to me unless you win it. Been 3 times and it wouldn't be particularly enjoyable if I was to see them lose again there.  Theres nothing to brag about until/if they win it.

personally going wembley means f*all to me unless you win it. Been 3 times and it wouldn't be particularly enjoyable if I was to see them lose again there.  Theres nothing to brag about until/if they win it.

Agreed. But I quite like staying in cup competitions if only to keep the season alive past the Christmas fixtures. Keeping the fixture list clear so we can battle for 8th just doesn't do it for me.

Agreed. But I quite like staying in cup competitions if only to keep the season alive past the Christmas fixtures. Keeping the fixture list clear so we can battle for 8th just doesn't do it for me.

After the event, if you don't win - I agree, it's not much to brag about, but while you're still in it/have a chance, even if it's remote - it's exciting.

We haven't had that since the second leg vs Benfica 9 months ago. Won't for a while, very envious.

Night shift last night was unbearable, the amount of people rubbing it in was awful. If we got to a domestic cup final i dont think my first reaction would be to try and wind up the first mackem i seen.

Guest The_Optimistic

After the event, if you don't win - I agree, it's not much to brag about, but while you're still in it/have a chance, even if it's remote - it's exciting.

We haven't had that since the second leg vs Benfica 9 months ago. Won't for a while, very envious.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be in their position and I would look forward to it, but like you say there is nothing to brag about yet.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to be in their position and I would look forward to it, but like you say there is nothing to brag about yet.

Were were in there position nearly getting relagated and eveyone cried about it.

I'd love to have a Wembley final to go to, but going there and losing was fucking shit.  Made worse my sharing service stations on the way back packed with Man U fans sitting looking bored and munching their Burger King as if they'd just drawn a pre-season friendly.  No bugger remembers the runners up and I don't think even the most ardent Newcastle fan brings it up as a particular achievement.  That said, they've got themselves a real chance of a trophy and if they win it after beating Chelsea, Man U and Man City they deserve it.

Night shift last night was unbearable, the amount of people rubbing it in was awful. If we got to a domestic cup final i dont think my first reaction would be to try and wind up the first mackem i seen.

Having a cup run is good fun and I love midweek matches so I envy them that, but I really don't give a flying fuck whether they win the Capital One cup or not. They've done nothing with style and just scraped along by default taking advantage of other club's shortcomings. The clubs who've featured in the final recently show that it's not something most clubs take seriously any more.

That said, I did want them to get beaten last night for the very reason you mention. It was obvious that their bitterness about all things Newcastle would take precedent over any sense of achievement they may have felt. 

Having a cup run is good fun and I love midweek matches so I envy them that, but I really don't give a flying fuck whether they win the Capital One cup or not. They've done nothing with style and just scraped along by default taking advantage of other club's shortcomings. The clubs who've featured in the final recently show that it's not something most clubs take seriously any more.

That said, I did want them to get beaten last night for the very reason you mention. It was obvious that their bitterness about all things Newcastle would take precedent over any sense of achievement they may have felt. 

It really doesn't show that at all.

How about battling for European qualification through the league, which we aren't far off doing?