Sunderland

Nobody

You beat who you are up against, to a man they bossed it , they wanted it more than us they had more at stake and it showed

Fully deserved today but still think they will be right in the mash at the end of season and next weeks game is vital if you look at the games after that

Nah I think they'll be safe. This win will give them a massive boost and I'm pretty sure there are three worse teams than them.

Honestly without going on the wind-up, they'd be a canny team as it stands with someone but that crap yank up front.

He was a beast for them, but his touches inside the box and attempts at shooting :lol:

Exactly.  He's areet at holding the ball but he's f***ing dreadful at doing what a striker is meant to do.

Having said that, our two centre-backs made hard work of someone basically with his back to goal all game. Can't get it off him, let him have it and pick up the pieces etc. He drew our men into foul after foul or trying to basically be as tough or strong as he was and we often lost out. Colo would have had him in his back pocket today. Both Taylor and Williamosn were drawn to a physical dual though, neither of whom had a chance of winning. Silly stuff from our boys really. Someone like him is easy to deal with with a bit of nous.

Colo or MYM would've had the better of him no doubt.

We could've paired the latter with Williamson but it's more important to have a fucking useless lump of shit on the field because he's a local lad and "knows what it means".

I won't even fucking start on him letting the ball bounce...

You beat who you are up against, to a man they bossed it , they wanted it more than us they had more at stake and it showed

Fully deserved today but still think they will be right in the mash at the end of season and next weeks game is vital if you look at the games after that

Nah I think they'll be safe. This win will give them a massive boost and I'm pretty sure there are three worse teams than them.

Your probably right but they are not going to get many points away from home (possibly Norwich away) and all it will take is one bad result like next week (Hull can be a funny team) and then three straight defeats off an City, Arsenal and Liverpool (there next 3 league games thereafter) to put them right back down the bottom and confidence shot. There not going to play teams managed by Pardew every week that's for sure.

Your probably right but they are not going to get many points away from home (possibly Norwich away) and all it will take is one bad result like next week (Hull can be a funny team) and then three straight defeats off an City, Arsenal and Liverpool (there next 3 league games thereafter) to put them right back down the bottom and confidence shot. There not going to play teams managed by Pardew every week that's for sure.

yep-maybe clutching at straws, but they dont look that safe to me yet.

A lot of wishful thinking there.

Well can you see them getting anything off City, Arsenal or Liverpool as I can't, so not really.

Although they are clearly better than us in recent derbies we can console ourselves at least we are not mackems and usual service will be resumed when Pardew and Ashley leave. We need this to happen before the next derby as no doubt we will lose again if Pardew is still in charge.

yep-maybe clutching at straws, but they dont look that safe to me yet.

Think next week is a massive game for them and Hull won't play into their hands like Pardew did.

Well can you see them getting anything off City, Arsenal or Liverpool as I can't, so not really.

On paper, no. But the PL very rarely operates based on what *should* happen.

Of course it does .  Its why you can pick the top 6 every year before the season starts.  :D

Of course it does .  Its why you can pick the top 6 every year before the season starts.  :D

Well, yeah, unfortunately. Bit different over the long-term though.

On a game-by-game basis, no way. It's why the top 6 don't end up with perfect records!

They don't need to be the best team over the remainder of the season in order to stay up. They just need to be better than 3 other clubs. Which they certainly are at the moment. I think they could drop points to City, Chelsea, and Liverpool and still finish outside the drop zone, incredible as it seems.

They are rather fortunate that there's a race to the bottom in the league this season. Everybody wants to play in the Championship next year by the looks of it.

I hear what your saying but these clubs are gunning for the title and/or Champions League and will flip over a poor side like Sunderland as they will with us also when we go to Arsenal and Liverpool.

I hear what your saying but these clubs are gunning for the title and/or Champions League and will flip over a poor side like Sunderland as they will with us also when we go to Arsenal and Liverpool.

Fair point. :thup:

Well, yeah, unfortunately. Bit different over the long-term though.

On a game-by-game basis, no way. It's why the top 6 don't end up with perfect records!

Hardly lose rarely though do they?

I thought it was depressing when we were neck and neck with Spurs, we were both at a crossroads and they made the right move at the right time with twitchy face and moved forward while we coughed and spluttered and eventually got relegated.

But watching teams like this pick us off at home and actually slowly start gaining some momentum whilst we still splutter along with the odd impressive win sandwiched by total shit is too hard to swallow. Just glad Cabaye didn't go in the summer now or where would we be??

I thought it was depressing when we were neck and neck with Spurs, we were both at a crossroads and they made the right move at the right time with twitchy face and moved forward while we coughed and spluttered and eventually got relegated.

But watching teams like this pick us off at home and actually slowly start gaining some momentum whilst we still splutter along with the odd impressive win sandwiched by total s*** is too hard to swallow. Just glad Cabaye didn't go in the summer now or where would we be??

Relegated or near to it and when Remy goes and cheap options are bought with supposed potential, it's exactly where we will be next year also. The only way to get the cunt out is by on mass not going and hitting him in the pocket but it's not going to happen. What boils my piss is Sunderland are not a good team and were outplayed by a poor Stoke team with 10 men only three days before.

Obviously a very happy Mackem here, but I've not come on to gloat (have you seen our fixture list!).

What was Pardew thinking of yesterday with the long ball game ? I watched you against Norwich and you played some great football and should have won. Then, come derby day, he changes it completely and starts knocking it long to Shola. Baffling. I've defended Pardew in the past, because I thought some of the stick he gets on Mags forums is undeserved, but yesterday he was hopeless. I'd say that defeat was almost entirely his doing.

Well done to the Sunderland players though. Last seasons 0-3 was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests, what with Newcastle having a perfectly good goal chalked off, and we scored three of our best goals of the season. This year it was fully deserved.

Anyway, we've got Hull at home next, which is a must win because our next Premier League home game is March 15th !

Obviously a very happy Mackem here, but I've not come on to gloat (have you seen our fixture list!).

What was Pardew thinking of yesterday with the long ball game ? I watched you against Norwich and you played some great football and should have won. Then, come derby day, he changes it completely and starts knocking it long to Shola. Baffling. I've defended Pardew in the past, because I thought some of the stick he gets on Mags forums is undeserved, but yesterday he was hopeless. I'd say that defeat was almost entirely his doing.

Well done to the Sunderland players though. Last seasons 0-3 was a lot closer than the scoreline suggests, what with Newcastle having a perfectly good goal chalked off, and we scored three of our best goals of the season. This year it was fully deserved.

Anyway, we've got Hull at home next, which is a must win because our next Premier League home game is March 15th !

:thup:

If you watched enough of us you'd come to understand why we hate Pardew the way many of us on here do. He's full of shite and his footballing philosophy is boring.

He was never going to play like we did at Norwich, this game means something which means he bottles it.

Appreciate your approach, you lot absolutely deserved the win (you filthy mackem scumbags!  :p)

Pardew doesn't really have a way of playing. He's a long ball merchant who's trying to reinvent himself as a modern manager. Problem is when the heat is on, he reverts to type and hoofball is back. The good football we sometimes play is purely down to the players working it out for themselves IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

Last season we were atrocious but yous kind of lucked it a bit, this season we were atrocious, but yous were very good and played some really good stuff. If anything it could have been four or five and no-one inside SJP could have had any complaints if that was the final scoreline. Some of your players look revitalised, Bardsleyvand Johnson look transformed for example and your keeper looks strong. Borini is also showing that he's a decent player.