Sunderland

Nobody

An American owner needs a new coach to save his club from relegation. He appoints a disinterested, semi-retired  foreigner with an abrasive militaristic personality to manage the club's ill-fitted group of mercenaries and cokeheads.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfj_0iHKzJKHQNjMwlGAi51WYirPhDKxmyaycHTH2JiP_oeAv6

Yep

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

At this point in the season tactics are meaningless. It's about man management : see Di Canio, Pooyet, Pardew, maybe Sherwood

Guest TruToon94

So the Mackems despite actually being involved in relegation are STILL better run than us, seemingly having a plan!

I'm trying to remain optimistic. The managers who've rescued them lately have been hungry, young, energetic managers. Dick was great in his day but is definitely past his best, hopefully he just sees this as an easy payday. Let's just pray Burnley can do their bit.

I think that's a good appointment by the mackems, he's a name and that's something that their players will respond to, certainly in the short term, so it pretty much guarantees them another derby win. Win a couple more and they will probably be safe. I don't believe the bottom three as of today will be any different to the bottom three come the end of the season.

I'm trying to remain optimistic. The managers who've rescued them lately have been hungry, young, energetic managers. Dick was great in his day but is definitely past his best, hopefully he just sees this as an easy payday. Let's just pray Burnley can do their bit.

Tough to call how this will pan out, but I don't think giving it him until the end of the season will help. He doesn't know the league, or indeed his players, yet he has to hit the ground running. On top of that, there's nothing much in it for him whether they stay up or go down. He's a decent manager, but I don't think he will be able to turn their horrendous form around.

Tough to call how this will pan out, but I don't think giving it him until the end of the season will help. He doesn't know the league, or indeed his players, yet he has to hit the ground running. On top of that, there's nothing much in it for him whether they stay up or go down. He's a decent manager, but I don't think he will be able to turn their horrendous form around.

Just having a different manager might get them putting more effort into their game. I'm not sure it will make any difference but probably worth a try.

Just having a different manager might get them putting more effort into their game. I'm not sure it will make any difference but probably worth a try.

New manager might also not try Poyet's 8-1-1 formation, even against shit like QPR at home.

New manager might also not try Poyet's 8-1-1 formation, even against shit like QPR at home.

They've not really got the personnel to change. Their midfield was already shite and now they're without Johnson, Giaccherini and Buckley.