Sunderland

Nobody

Mackem commentator on the radio saying the club were naive and wrong.  Good on him.

Naive is giving them an excuse. I'd use the word "tactical" rather than "naive". I doubt they'd have played him at all if they weren't in a relegation fight. They played him and he helped keep them up (and win another derby). Financially it was easily worth it for them.

Totally agree, it was absolutely about the "business" rather than the club. 

As a Sunderland fan that statement is a disgrace. What it leaves out is probably most damning. It was said in court by Johnson and a police officer, that the club knew of the grooming and the kissing. That statement from the club does not address this claim. If they knew, which seems probable, then that is nothing short of scandalous and whoever knew should be sacked. Shame on them and their pathetic jargon filled attempt to wriggle out any blame.

As for Johnson? He's blew his career and freedom for quick fondle in the back of his car and I don't have one iota of sympathy for him. Whatever sentence the judge passes down will be well deserved.

Ok, first of all, who are they going to sack? Margaret Byrne? do you think she was the only one aware? don't you think she will have spoke to Short? he is her immediate boss and she i not the top of the tree, he can't sack himself? he IS the boss, he owns the whole shebang. with all previous lighthearted comments aside before any final judgement was made i find it absolutely f***ing disgusting that they knew what he had done after being privvy to the messages etc

As for your comments about a quick fondle in the back of the car, you really need to give your head a shake, he has been found guilty of 3 out of 4 charges with a girl who had just turned 15yrs old ffs. he has gone out with the intention of getting as much sexual pleasure from a 15yr old child as he could

Your whole club and the majority of your sick pathetic fans disgust me - you included

You were doing alright up until the last sentence. Calm down ya daft bugger.

Honestly. That's way too harsh.

Sorry, but what the f*** is wrong with you?

Nothing at all, I'm just used to a different legal system.

One where a few years in jail is considered harsh for grooming and molesting a child? Sounds like a terrible legal system.

There's difference between "a few years" and "up to 10 years."

He's most likely not going to get 10 or close to it. I honestly wouldn't think twice if we put away kiddie touchers for life. Fuck them.

:lol: imagine if Johnson got life man. It's like some sort of macho nonce hating competition this, it makes no logical sense like.

A 5-10 year sentence is steep for most crimes.