Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Villa have made it too obvious they are desperate to get rid. Sending a player to train with the youth team and striping him of his squad number is like playing poker with your cards on the table.

Still can't see it. I am sure someone would offer them money rather than them paying others to take him. He would do wonders for a club desperately needing goals. He would give someone like Palace or Hull a fighting chance of staying up.

Guest Phil K

For all they want rid of him, partly because of his ridiculous over the top wages, I gather - they're still trying to get too much for him.

Fulham have made it plain they'll pay nothing like he's getting at Villa Park. Nor will we. Less, probably.

He wants out, but seems he doesn't want such a drop in wages either. Impasse

Guest chopey

He will probably end up at Doncaster Rovers, I'm sure I read somewhere that they are looking to sign Given and Ireland from Villa and at 50/1 to win the championship it might be worth 50p e/w

Seems all the more obvious now that Bent is the backup plan if Cisse leaves. Cisse, Gomis, Remy & (sigh) Shola is a decent quartet of strikers. Bent in as a replacement for Cisse won't be too bad if we have Gomis and Remy.

Seems all the more obvious now that Bent is the backup plan if Cisse leaves. Cisse, Gomis, Remy & (sigh) Shola is a decent quartet of strikers. Bent in as a replacement for Cisse won't be too bad if we have Gomis and Remy.

Cisse, Gomis, Remy and Gouffran.

I think Villa have missed the boat on this one. If they'd been reasonable instead of holding out for £8m then he'd probably be a Newcastle player by now. Looks like Gomis is going to be the deal going through, and the only way Bent will come now is if the fee is around £5m and we are still planning on selling Cisse.

Cisse, Gomis, Remy and Gouffran.

That's good enough for me tbh.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 3m

Kinnear to finally meet Darren Bent's people this week. Needs to get move on - Ffc upped interest today & player can't wait forever. #Nufc

Crazy.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 3m

Kinnear to finally meet Darren Bent's people this week. Needs to get move on - Ffc upped interest today & player can't wait forever. #Nufc

Crazy.

cynical as it may seem the more this goes on the more I feel as if the clubs not trying very hard to get anyone in so as to make it more likely Pardew will go on a losing streak early on and JFK takes over asap

Almost like JFK and his fellow board members don't want to buy him...

What was it Keegan said: "We'd agree to make a bid of X, then they'd go away and bid half that, then come back and say 'tough, couldn't get him'"?