Man City 4 - 0 Newcastle United - 19/08/13 - post-'match' reaction from page 63

Dave

We really have no fucking idea what to do when we actually have the ball, which is a little bit more than alarming.

I got the impression the plan was to get rid of the fucker as soon as possible, in any direction!

Well that's one way to eradicate all excitement for the season. Ah whey, season starts next week.

Let us sign someone this week. Pls.

It literally won't make a shit of difference. I thought that from the moment last season ended, but that opinion wavered given the lack of football every week and I wanted some signings so we could improve... but I'm right back in that school of thought now. The problems lie so much deeper than the personnel. It doesn't matter who we sign.

Well that's one way to eradicate all excitement for the season. Ah whey, season starts next week.

It literally won't make a shit of difference. I thought that from the moment last season ended, but that opinion wavered given the lack of football every week and I wanted some signings so we could improve... but I'm right back in that school of thought now. The problems lie so much deeper than the personnel. It doesn't matter who we sign.

the problem is precisely the personnel and specifically the transfer policy, they're not good enough and they need to stop buying from the french market they're not good enough

Only caught the first half. Thought our initial formation looked like it had been patched together and that was evident considering we abandoned it before 10 minutes were up. I didn't think we looked too bad after the first goal, some nice passing interchanges and HBA and Sissoko looked classy. As ever, we were lacking in cutting edge when attacking, missing a link man and some quality delivery.

the problem is precisely the personnel and specifically the transfer policy, they're not good enough and they need to stop buying from the french market they're not good enough

Bit like when Pardew had Tevez and refused to play him. He knew what he was doing!

We are a bit short of players, but we've got quality there. Just Pardew has no clue nor desire on how to use them.

You could give him the City squad and he'd still try to nullify the opposition all game, finish 10th and look clueless.

I'm genuinely not quite sure what anyone was expecting here? Are Swansea shit because they lost 1-4 to Man Utd? No of course not. Judge the team after a few games not this one FFS.

I'm personally judging us on what I've watched over the last 12 months... I'm judging us on an array of increasingly more concerning performances as last season progressed, where we not only looked tactically inept, but also lacking in raw ability, discipline and effort in several areas of the pitch. I'm judging us on a manager who is unable to motivate the players, unable to pick a tactically coherent side, unable to make substitutions or effective changes to fix his shit-storm of increasingly-concerning initial mistakes... A manager who is unable to show a single ounce of positivity in his general outlook towards approaching a game, and, more pressingly, is unable to actually learn from any of the aforementioned issues and repeats them week-in, week-out. And, tonight, I'm judging us on our complete lack of progression over the summer; every single problem that was there when the final ball was kicked last season, remains.

Yes, we were playing Man City, but no that doesn't excuse ill-discipline, a lack of effort, poor organisation and an all-round gutless and spectacularly uninspiring performance from pretty much every player on the pitch. This was the first game of a new season and they should have went into the game looking to send a message to the fans; "we're as pissed off as you about last season, we're going to fight to improve it this year". Instead, they turned up, put in the same 90 minute "shift" that they put in consistently last season, and went down with a whimper. If you're not at least semi-concerned about that you need to open your eyes.

I'm genuinely not quite sure what anyone was expecting here? Are Swansea shit because they lost 1-4 to Man Utd? No of course not. Judge the team after a few games not this one FFS.

I'm personally judging us on what I've watched over the last 12 months... I'm judging us on an array of increasingly more concerning performances as last season progressed, where we not only looked tactically inept, but also lacking in raw ability, discipline and effort in several areas of the pitch. I'm judging us on a manager who is unable to motivate the players, unable to pick a tactically coherent side, unable to make substitutions or effective changes to fix his shit-storm of increasingly-concerning initial mistakes... A manager who is unable to show a single ounce of positivity in his general outlook towards approaching a game, and, more pressingly, is unable to actually learn from any of the aforementioned issues and repeats them week-in, week-out. And, tonight, I'm judging us on our complete lack of progression over the summer; every single problem that was there when the final ball was kicked last season, remains.

Yes, we were playing Man City, but no that doesn't excuse ill-discipline, a lack of effort, poor organisation and an all-round gutless and spectacularly uninspiring performance from pretty much every player on the pitch. This was the first game of a new season and they should have went into the game looking to send a message to the fans; "we're as pissed off as you about last season, we're going to fight to improve it this year". Instead, they turned up, put in the same 90 minute "shift" that they put in consistently last season, and went down with a whimper. If you're not at least semi-concerned about that you need to open your eyes.

:slowclap:

As bang-on a summary of the situation as you're going to read. :thup: Absolutely terrifying how we've evidently regressed from last season.

Guest Phil K

It literally won't make a s*** of difference. I thought that from the moment last season ended

I agree. Pardew has turned players who we all thought were going to be quality into "so what" players.

You can put surgeons tools into the hands of a bog cleaner and the tools just get dirty.

And Pardew's NOT Premier class......OR Championship class

Yeah, I'm annoyed. But we saw this happening last season's end, and NOTHINGS been done.

The same idiot's in charge of the tiller - steering us into the rocks, no matter WHO is signed.

And the longer we leave him in control, the longer it'll take to get out of the mess he's sure to leave us in