Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

I very rarely post here. The last time was probably the last time when we were in the Championship. I've always stood up for Paul Dummett, being a local lad, a bit of promise, and all that. Tonight he was shocking. I've always thought that he at least had the promise/potential to be a decent LB or CB, but after tonights horror show... Well I thought he could be a decent backup against weaker sides in this division, (as I thought Fulham would be), but now I realise that he just isn't good enough, period.

He's been royally shown up tonight. Always felt he looks better as a CB, he's just too damn slow as a LB to deal with tricky/pacey wingers.

Offers absolutely fuck all on the ball or going forward either.

What's the situation with Haidara?

Dummett's very much like Colback - extremely fortunate to have come through the system at two top flight clubs who a) happened to be absolutely dismal and b) produce fuck all through the academy. If either of them were exactly the same player playing at Accrington Stanley having come through the ranks there, there would be absolutely zero demand for them from higher up the pyramid.

That thing the bloke did with his shoulder to skin Dummett looked class, did they show it back on TV?

TBF to PD he at least works back when he gets rinsed, which is often.

That was outstanding, I've never seen that technique before. Party tricks aside though, their finishing was still poor. I would think Rafa would be pretty pissed to concede a goal to a set piece considering that's usually an area he is strong on.

Looked awful, generally does in most games imo but I keep hearing how he's solid enough defensively from a few people so I begin to doubt myself...and then I see him play dreadfully again and again. It's not a coincidence, he's just fucking bang average on his best day.

Newcastle United defender Paul Dummett is wanted by Premier League Burnley.

Sources in Lancashire have confirmed that last season’s Sky Bet Championship winners have expressed an interest in Dummett as they look to bolster their back four.

The Wales international has a big fan in Sean Dyche who wants him to bring proven top-flight experience to his Clarets side.

Dummett’s statistics have impressed a host of Premier League bosses, and it is believed that there is other interest in the Geordie defender from top-tier sides.

United aren’t keen to offload the player though and see him as part of the future at St James’ Park.

Rafa out