Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

In his shoes, I'd have done the same. Can't think of many managers more annoying than Chris Coleman. If you're not getting a game or enjoying it, and you'll get cut for tournaments at the drop of a hat, I'd rather have my free time back when off club duty too.

Can't think of many managers more annoying than Chris Coleman.

We've had about 7 or 8 in my lifetime :lol:

I've hated Pardew and Souness more, for example, but annoyance is a different category. I'd say he was more annoying than McClaren for example.

In his shoes, I'd have done the same. Can't think of many managers more annoying than Chris Coleman. If you're not getting a game or enjoying it, and you'll get cut for tournaments at the drop of a hat, I'd rather have my free time back when off club duty too.

I completely agree, being a back up international player always looked like a shit deal to me. Flying all over the place checking out Georgia and Moldova's benches when you could be at home doing something you enjoy, and it will be much worse if you have a family.

I completely agree, being a back up international player always looked like a shit deal to me. Flying all over the place checking out Georgia and Moldova's benches when you could be at home doing something you enjoy, and it will be much worse if you have a family.

This is true, but then again you could apply that logic to any situation where a player doesn't get exactly what they want. You're still representing your county at the end of the day.

Can't think of many managers more annoying than Chris Coleman.

We've had about 7 or 8 in my lifetime :lol:

I've hated Pardew and Souness more, for example, but annoyance is a different category. I'd say he was more annoying than McClaren for example.

He's an tedious twat at best. Remember him saying he never would sell Malbranque to a club like Newcastle and 'that lot up there', much to the amusement of whichever PFMs were in the studio with him.

But then why is every player expected to care about representing their country? It's only really an honour if you care about it. Some players will see football as a job, and others will see it as a fun thing to do with their life, but if international football isn't fulfilling for them then fuck it.

People sure do get worked up a lot over Paul Dummett like. He's just a bog standard left back getting on with his life. Leave him be. He'll disappear into the night soon enough.

This is true, but then again you could apply that logic to any situation where a player doesn't get exactly what they want. You're still representing your county at the end of the day.

Not in a mean way, but so what? He's made a personal decision not to pursue it further. Being a pro footballer doesn't bind you to being senselessly patriotic to the detriment of everything else you want from life. If he's not enjoying it, or doesn't want to do it - for whatever reason - that's his prerogative. It's not like permanently committing to be a parent then washing your hands of the child!

But then why is every player expected to care about representing their country? It's only really an honour if you care about it. Some players will see football as a job, and others will see it as a fun thing to do with their life, but if international football isn't fulfilling for them then fuck it.

Even more so when that country isn't actually yours, just one who called you up because of a grandparent.

Not in a mean way, but so what? He's made a personal decision not to pursue it further. Being a pro footballer doesn't bind you to being senselessly patriotic to the detriment of everything else you want from life. If he's not enjoying it, or doesn't want to do it - for whatever reason - that's his prerogative. It's not like permanently committing to be a parent then washing your hands of the child!

Fine, I didn't really say anything different. As long as you accept that playing for your country is just a choice you make while it suits you. I don't care what Dummett does specifically, I'm just saying that international teams need substitutes too and everyone who struggles to get picked doesn't just retire.

Don't change history, he wasn't fairly solid for us. The amount of chances we conceded due to his inability to defend anybody 1 v 1 and constantly back off into his own box means he was nowhere near solid.

He's solid enough, never really had a problem with him defensively, he doesn't get done that often. The problem is he absolutely paralyses our football bringing the ball out so we end up being completely one sided. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting again next season.

Guest firetotheworks

Pathetic from him tbh.

Eh? :lol: You have no idea what his rationale behind it is....... do you?

If you can give me any rationale that I won't think's pathetic, I'm all ears.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/dummett-focusing-on-full-fitness-after-wales-withdrawal

Paul Dummett has decided to withdraw himself from international duty with Wales to concentrate on his club career until he is back to full fitness.

The left-back won't be involved in next month's World Cup qualifier in Serbia, having missed Wales' last game against Republic of Ireland in March due to injury - but has not retired from international football altogether.

Dummett played more minutes than anybody else as Newcastle lifted the Sky Bet Championship title last season but has appeared just once for his country since making his debut against the Netherlands in June 2014.

After a gruelling campaign with the Magpies, in which he played through the pain barrier on several occasions, 25-year-old Dummett is keen to recharge his batteries and spend time with his family and friends in order to ensure he is at peak form and fitness for his hometown team's return to the Premier League and what promises to be a big campaign for both him and the club.

He has been supported in his decision by Newcastle boss Rafa Benítez.

However, Dummett - who has represented his country from youth level all the way to the senior team - has not closed the door on his international career and hopes to represent the Dragons again in the future.

Pathetic from him tbh.

Eh? :lol: You have no idea what his rationale behind it is....... do you?

If you can give me any rationale that I won't think's pathetic, I'm all ears.

:lol: you're a character KI

• 1 month later...

One of my mates text me today to tell me Dummett has got a new contract but I can't find a confirmation anywhere; please allay my fears :lol:.

He is getting a new contract and he deserves it.

I doubt you have mates though.

One of my mates text me today to tell me Dummett has got a new contract but I can't find a confirmation anywhere; please allay my fears :lol:.

He is getting a new contract and he deserves it.

I doubt you have mates though.

Alreet Paul, didn't realise you were on N-O.

All jokes aside, if the contract is for a backup then fine, but there's no way in hell we should be giving him a deal as a starting 11 Premier League left back.